After closing IE Window multiple iexplore.exe processes are still runn

The last days I had the issue that after closing IE8 Window multiple iexplore.exe processes are still running.

post-70718-0-29422900-1319207809_thumb.p

After making some tests I figured out that it happens when I go to websites which use Flash. So I removed Flash 11 and downgraded to 10.3 and here it works again. After closing the IE, the iexplore.exe processes are killed :thumbup

So if you have this issue check your Flash version or other addons.

Edited by MagicAndre1981

• 3 months later...

It looks like MS released a hotfix to fix the issue:

A process that is being terminated stops responding in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2

On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, a process that is being terminated stops responding. When this issue occurs, the main thread of the process becomes blocked, and the process does not terminate.

So if you have the issue, follow the link "View and request hotfix downloads" and enter your email to request the fix.

• 7 months later...

MS also released a hotfix for Windows Vista:

A process that is being terminated crashes in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2752711/en-us

Assume that you attempt to terminate a process on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. In this situation, the process that is being terminated freezes. When this issue occurs, the main thread of the process becomes blocked, and the process does not terminate.