3D TV

nitroshift

I'm in the market for a 3D TV. However, I will be using it to play ONLY 3D content from my PC (Blue-Ray discs or other 3D media). Question is: should I bite the bullet and buy a 3D TV or get a normal LED monitor and some passive glasses? The TV set I'm looking at us this: http://m.lg.com/au/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-32LW4500.jsp because it's in my budget.

nitroshift

I'll answer myself and others that might be looking for the same answer: after multiple tests with various equipments, for proper 3D content viewing, one MUST have a 3D TV. Red / Cyan or Green / Magenta glasses just don't cut it.

nitroshift

PS. I went on and bought the LG 32LW4500 3D TV and I must say I'm *very* impressed. Having a HD sattelite card in my HTPC linked to the TV via a 1.4 HDMI cable, the 3D feel is absolutely amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Tain! Being passive, glasses are very light, no incovenience at all. But the 3D feel is outstanding. Watching National Geographic in HD and using the TV's built-in 2D to 3D conversion makes me feel sometimes part of the action :wub: But first evening I got the TV I decided to watch Ice Age 3 and right in the beginning where the mammoth slides with the turtle shell full of water and drops it made me knock my head against the bed. 5 minutes of swearing and cursing and leson learned: have all the pillows around my head :whistle:

• 1 year later...

3d is nice, but I would hold out until we have "Jetson" televsion. So far it can display a sold image, in a 3d stan still without movement, so this means we can watch teather and news in 3d, but not recorded media. That is later.

I don't know if the feature is ready, but some sports events allows 360/Matrix viewing, too.

Edited by ROTS