Internet Explorer 9 slipstreamed into vista

ell

Hi, anybody figured out how to integrate ie9 into a vista DVD with vlite? I downloaded all the updates and ie9 with WSUS, seemed to slipstream ok, but I keep getting just ie8 when installed.

This is an instruction that someone wrote on a Polish board:

Translated by Google:

And as for the integration of IE9, publishes quick instructions:

Adding file, together with updates from msu-installing IE9 and NOTE! Do not add a language pack right away! Just click integrate these improvements together with IE9. At the end of the integration window pops up that vLite is not able to cope with the integration IE9, but restarting the computer may help to integrate IE9. So click on the installer did not stop working just to recorded changes. How will the end be the word "Finished". Then close the computer and run vLite again. After restarting the computer Launch vLite again, we indicate the path to their previous processed vista again and mark corrections in vLite Integrations. Only now WARNING! Do not add to instalki all the amendments, because those have already been integrated with the image, just add the msu IE9 + Language Pack (NOTE!! Do not add it in the form of msu, because it will not accept vLite. We need to unpack Winrar languagepack.msu example. How to unpack we have a file with extensions XXXXXXXXXX.cab. languagepack thus prepared in the format. cab should add to vLite) Only the most important! We add it in a specific order to the list. FIRST IE9.msu and then languagepack.cab. And click Apply. Now vLite will integrate everything nicely without any errors! And we are ready IE9 PL on the image disc with Vista

It basically says that you have to integrate IE9 twice but the updates for it only once. You can skip the language pack part.

Edited by tomasz86

This is an instruction that someone wrote on a Polish board:

Translated by Google:

And as for the integration of IE9, publishes quick instructions:

Adding file, together with updates from msu-installing IE9 and NOTE! Do not add a language pack right away! Just click integrate these improvements together with IE9. At the end of the integration window pops up that vLite is not able to cope with the integration IE9, but restarting the computer may help to integrate IE9. So click on the installer did not stop working just to recorded changes. How will the end be the word "Finished". Then close the computer and run vLite again. After restarting the computer Launch vLite again, we indicate the path to their previous processed vista again and mark corrections in vLite Integrations. Only now WARNING! Do not add to instalki all the amendments, because those have already been integrated with the image, just add the msu IE9 + Language Pack (NOTE!! Do not add it in the form of msu, because it will not accept vLite. We need to unpack Winrar languagepack.msu example. How to unpack we have a file with extensions XXXXXXXXXX.cab. languagepack thus prepared in the format. cab should add to vLite) Only the most important! We add it in a specific order to the list. FIRST IE9.msu and then languagepack.cab. And click Apply. Now vLite will integrate everything nicely without any errors! And we are ready IE9 PL on the image disc with Vista

It basically says that you have to integrate IE9 twice but the updates for it only once. You can skip the language pack part.

cool! but I wonder where he found the ie9 cab, all I can find is the msu windows 7 version, and I can't decompress it with winrar

Edited by ell

That's why I said that you could skip the language pack part. You have to integrate both IE9 & updates, vLite will say

vLite is not able to cope with the integration IE9, but restarting the computer may help to integrate IE9

and after restarting you should integrate IE9 once again, this time without any updates.

That's why I said that you could skip the language pack part. You have to integrate both IE9 & updates, vLite will say

vLite is not able to cope with the integration IE9, but restarting the computer may help to integrate IE9

and after restarting you should integrate IE9 once again, this time without any updates.

got ya, I'm going to copy a fresh folder with the vista iso in it and start over. Let me get this straight, first import all the newest hotfixes from wsus AND add IE9-vista.msu, if I get an error just continue, then reboot. Run vite again this time without the added hotfixes but put IE9-vista.msu in again.

• 2 months later...

Finally figured out why I was having issue's with slipstreaming ie9 with vlite...........the wim filter wasnt correctly installed.......after I reinstalled the filter I restarted vlite and it worked perfectly slipstreaming all updates without any error's or restarts. Thought I would share this info since i see alot of others are having simuliar issue's. Hope this helps.

Edited by Cerberus1969

• 2 years later...

Finally figured out why I was having issue's with slipstreaming ie9 with vlite...........the wim filter wasnt correctly installed.......after I reinstalled the filter I restarted vlite and it worked perfectly slipstreaming all updates without any error's or restarts. Thought I would share this info since i see alot of others are having simuliar issue's. Hope this helps.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'd like to know in more detail what issues you've experienced.

What's happened with me is that I'm running vLite using a Windows Vista x64 Ultimate disc with SP2 built in. I'm trying to integrate as many post-SP2 updates as I can, in addition to IE 9. I have the .msu file for IE9 for Vista. It appears that about 27 of the updates, including IE9 will not integrate. There are no errors, but they do not appear in yellow after I've built the image and restarted vLite.

I've downloaded the updates with WSUS Offline. Most are .cab format and I even extracted the IE9 cab from the .msu file I downloaded. It doesn't help.