USB 3.0 and W2k

Here's a good one, with a 20-pin connector for the cable to the front of my case:

En-Labs PCIEU3ACS20

I'm using blackwingcat's ASMedia driver v1.16.1.0 available here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1708066.html

w2k-pro-device-manager.png

w2k-pro-USB-3.png

This is what the same USB stick looks like in Windows 7 x64 on a Z77 motherboard using the built-in USB 3.0 port:

win-7-USB-3.png

Possibly the benchmark difference is accounted for by the independent controller mentioned by BWC on the page linked above, as allowing the ASMedia driver to work at all with Windows 2000 Professional.

• 1 year later...

Thread is people wanting USB 3.0 controllers working under W2K with USB 3.0 speeds... do they ALL work under W2K as USB 2.0 controllers? All I need is a USB 2.0 controller under W2K (I'm doing virtualisation passthrough and only have USB 3.0 controllers - AMD onboard - I might have a Renesas/NEC controller SOMEWHERE!!)

17 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Thread is people wanting USB 3.0 controllers working under W2K with USB 3.0 speeds... do they ALL work under W2K as USB 2.0 controllers? All I need is a USB 2.0 controller under W2K (I'm doing virtualisation passthrough and only have USB 3.0 controllers - AMD onboard - I might have a Renesas/NEC controller SOMEWHERE!!)

idk but I know that the Renesas USB 3 drivers work with both BlackWingCat's extended core and WildBill's extended kernel.

I would just use (or buy if you don't have one) a USB 2.0 PCI or PCIe card and pass that through to the virtual machine if all you need is USB 2.0.

• 2 months later...

After some .inf file editing I managed to get my onboard Asmedia ASM2142 USB 3.1 controller to work with Windows 2000.

I tested the drivers with ASM2142, but, generally speaking, they should work with devices with the following detection IDs:
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1040
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1041
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1042
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1142
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1240
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1241
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1242
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1343
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_2142
Additional testing would be greatly appreciated.

Important: you must have KernelEx and Extended Core v16a installed before installing the drivers! Windows will BSOD on boot if you install the drivers without them.

ASMedia_USB_1.16.41.3.rar

• 3 years later...

do you get real usb 3.0 read/write speeds on 2k with these drivers?

Edited by sonyu
posted on wrong topic