Chipsetdriver for HP NX8000 under windows 2000

logicsound

Hi all,

a few days ago I had big trouble with Windows 2000 Installation on a HP NC8000 Notebook.

The unattended Installation (own application by our firm) works fine. Then I had to install a chipset driver from Intel - so I downloaded it and install it - but windows 2000 didnt knew the driver - In Hardwaremanger appears always this nice yellow Symbol ?..

So i searched in Registry for this device and found it - after my search on google I came to intel - to the same chipset driver --- and what happens - it didn´t work...

So i extract the chipset.exe and want to install the driver by the driver assitent - but in the extracted Directory form chipset I found no Information - .inf File - only the .cat Files....

So here my question: How can i install chipset drivers without the setup - can I may convert a .cat file into a inf - File ? (I didn´t belive this....)

Or must i add the .cat -files to my Unattended Installation Source?

PS: I solved the problem with an Windows XP-Ghost-Image from the same notebook - but I think this is a bad way - I wanna know how i can solve this problem for fututure....

Edit: Wrong Notebook Model - its an NC 8000