install printers to Win7

colore

hello

can you tell me please the easiest/fastest way to install a printer in a Win7 pc?

the printer is connected in a network with many other WinXP pc's

what should I do? connect the Win7 pc to the network first, then it will automatically install the printer, without need of printer drivers?

or install locally the printer with its drivers, then connect the Win7 pc to the network?

and how do I connect it to the network?

then, I have to install the printer two times (one for tray A, and another one for the tray B)

thanks!

You can use a generic print driver (or one for the same make and almost model) it might work but not support all specific function. Some printers support printing .pdf or .ps (generated with a generic driver) directly.

You can use a generic print driver (or one for the same make and almost model) it might work but not support all specific function. Some printers support printing .pdf or .ps (generated with a generic driver) directly.

where can I find it? I tried to use a driver of a similar model with no luck

I wonder if there is a tool that will help with such situation

Every Windows 7 should have a generic (in manufacturers) and generic/text only in printers.

Edit reason added info: Also create it as a local printer and create a standard tcp/ip port (and put the ip of the printer there).

BTW what is the make and model of the printer ?

Edited by allen2