Error while joining domain in server 2008 r2

Shelax

hi all,

i had a problem in server 2008 r2 small small network group.

few days ago there is a problem in server.

server is not access by name,only by ip address.

so if any system is down and if format compulsory rejoining domain done by full domain name and not by user who created as domain users,only by administrator of server can join any pc to domain.

(note : after format if we need to rejoin domain we follow this steps. first right click my computer > properties.

then computer name > change > select domain option > enter domain name > click ok.

by clicking ok promp displayed for username and password. here i have to enter server's administrator user and password only can rejoin that pc to domain, if i entered domain user and password it errors access denied.)

now this problem is bigger and domain can not rejoin any pc or new pc. it will accessed by name and ip address both of them, older users who already joined to domain can access and login to server but new or rejoin is not possible.

here i attached snap of error.

i am confused because of server has lots of user permissions applied and if need to reconfigure it'll be headache to me.....

please reply to me what to do now .!!!!!!!

post-146581-0-98501700-1318126387_thumb.

If your dns doesn't pass the basic test then you have a big problem and you may need to add/edit/remove records manually if a ipconfig /registerdns isn't enough on the faulty DC or you might find dnslint usefull. As even dynamic update isn't working (from the test:dns), the ipconfig /registerdns might not work, i hope you have another DC with a dns server as this one might be a lot damaged. Check also your dns eventlogs, you might find a lot of errors.