setupcomplete.cmd didn't work after auto installation

Hi Folks,

I want to auto run some commands after system finish auto installation by WAIK, so i added some command in Windows\Setup\Scripts\setupcomplete.cmd in install.wim, but after system finish installation, the setupcomplete.cmd couldn't be found. And i checked install.wim,

the file was there. Have you met this issue before?

second, i also tried firstlogoncommand, and it didn't work either, any tips for it? Thanks!

can you post the contents of your setupcomplete.cmd, my crystal ball is leaning towards syntax error. And it only runs once and under system authority prior to any logons, would be of no use but evil to leave that for a user to browse to.

Edited by iamtheky

thanks. i just put some test command in setupcomplete.cmd, such as mkdir c:\11.

my first question is i have added setupcomplete.cmd in install.wim, but after installation, i couldn't find the file in target OS.

yeah, i have read the web page, but i still couldn't know what should i do to fix the issue.

Besides, if i put some file in install.wim, after system finished installation, should these new added files would be in new system? if not, how should i get it work?

i would throw all your commands in to a batch file with a bunch of cmd /ks and pauses or an autoitscript with some error handling.

so that your setupcomplete.cmd has one line calling that script. At least then whatever is blowing up should be visible on screen. Its just a biatch to troubleshoot something that does not appear on screen nor log.

i agreed with your idea, but first thing is that setupcomplete.cmd should be in target system. i did not see it after system finish installation. To be more clear, my steps were:

1. unmount install.wim and put setupcomplete.cmd in it and them commit

2. install Windows using Autounattend.xml from PXE, which means launch the whole installation from PXE and auto install system using Autounattend.xml

i agreed with your idea, but first thing is that setupcomplete.cmd should be in target system. i did not see it after system finish installation. To be more clear, my steps were:

1. unmount install.wim and put setupcomplete.cmd in it and them commit

2. install Windows using Autounattend.xml from PXE, which means launch the whole installation from PXE and auto install system using Autounattend.xml

the issue why new added files couldn't be found was fixed, when i unmount the install.wim, i used wrong index.

But setupcomplete.cmd still did not run, after system boot up, i manually run it, it's ok. The following were my commands in setupcomplete.cmd

mkdir c:\1_test_1

c:

cd c:\

call c:\autoexec.bat

Edited by richard