Autounattend.xml and VM's

Just want to ask is there some kind of trick to get the autounttend.xml file to read in virtual box or other vms? I have been trying for a week now and still can not get this to read at startup. I know I could get it to work with it if I did the setup /unattend: command but I want to run it at the start of setup from boot. THis will be for testing the xml file from a dvd or usb for windows setup with no OS. I have tried about 20 ISOs, I have tried putting in the root folder, in the sources folder and in the boot.wim file on the 2nd index. Still it ignores my xml file. I have even tried one of the known working xml files listed on the forums and it still does not read. I tried using a virtual floppy in virtual box and it still does not read. I even got virtual box use my usb flash drive with the file redirect and still does not read. I have even tried using both x86 and amd64 entries and still not reading. I am at a loss at this point.

Right now I have only tested this recently in virtual box. I wanted to know before I started using vm player if this is just a issue with vm's not reading answer files. I would use virtual pc but it does not support 64-bit guests. I would love to get this working in virtual box because the options are alot easier to configure. Vm ware is horrid in that aspect because its really hard to get into the bios of the vm to make adjustments.

I've never heard of a VM not handling an unattended file before, but it's always a good idea to check if you're having VM issues. Can you show (via a screenshot or listing) where your unattended file is on your installation source?

I may sound like an id-iot, but you better check the name of your file, it should be "Autounattend.xml". As I can see "A" is missing from the file name in your first post, it is autounttend.xml instead of autounAttend.xml.

Edited by nice_guy75

I may sound like an id-iot, but you better check the name of your file, it should be "Autounattend.xml". As I can see "A" is missing from the file name in your first post, it is autounttend.xml instead of autounAttend.xml.

it's ok using Autounattend.xml in my side, i put it under sources folder

Well I am not sure about sources folder, I keep my Autounattend.xml @ root of the DVD and it works fine for me.

Well I am not sure about sources folder, I keep my Autounattend.xml @ root of the DVD and it works fine for me.

install OS from Network or local DVD using Autounattend.xml may be different, i have tried to put the file at the root folder, but it didn;t work

Lol, no thats not the issue, I just have sticky board which is why the A does not show up in that post. Believe me that was the very first thing I checked for. I got it to see my answer file now. I just totally recreated it from scratch not sure why it works now.