IntelliPoint 8.2 Silent Installation?

eger

I am trying to install IntelliPoint 8.2 in my unattended install. It always seems to prompt me (from Windows update) even if I do the unattended install of the MSI.

I have been trying to directions from here: http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=215

I also modified the MSI using WinINSTALL to remove the restriction of installing from setup.exe. But I still always get the prompt which locks my script up until I click next.

Anyone know of a proper way to silently install IntelliPoint 8.2?

Did this program come from a CD or from a Microsoft download? There may be different types of installers that use different commands. Being able to look at the actual installer would be helpful.

Also, those instructions are for Intellipoint 5, which might be a bit different on an install.

It is a download from Microsoft. Actually, with a Microsoft mouse plugged in, the installer will also popup from Windows Update (which is very annoying). Though, you can't find the download in the windows update catalog :(

I am basically trying to install it before Windows update has a chance to try (which will popup an install dialog and wait). The file comes as a setup.exe which doesn't appear to have any switches at all. I can extract the setup.exe to get to the MSI file. The MSI only installs if it is modified to remove a property that says it can only be run from setup.exe. Also canot find any documentation from Microsoft on it.

I guess another solution would be to block the update from Windows updates. Any idea on how to exclude it before Windows update runs?

Reuploaded

BTW this is the switch you use to go around setup.exe dependency (you dont have to edit the msi)

ip.msi /qn DSKSHORTCUT=0 MM=?? INSTALLGUID={645B1545-B4AB-4148-9495-FDF07ED2E673} /norestart

You can find your "Mouse Model" command line number or MM= in the help documentation of my silent switch builder

Edited by ricktendo64

• 2 weeks later...

Reuploaded

BTW this is the switch you use to go around setup.exe dependency (you dont have to edit the msi)

ip.msi /qn DSKSHORTCUT=0 MM=?? INSTALLGUID={645B1545-B4AB-4148-9495-FDF07ED2E673} /norestart

You can find your "Mouse Model" command line number or MM= in the help documentation of my silent switch builder

Thank you Rick, this is a big help. I will try this command out in MDT.