Windows Server Backup, help recovering my data!

RaynotRoy

Hey Everyone,

I have a MAJOR problem currently. I was running Windows Server 2008 R2 with weekly backups to a dedicated internal 2TB hard drive. Windows naturally removes the drive letter from this drive. My original data drive has failed and I need to recover this data.

I have removed this 2TB drive from my server and attached it to a dedicated test server. I am able to detect this drive in disk management and it currently has 3 partitions. One partition is just over 1850GB, which is where my data must be stored. I am unable to assign a drive letter to any partition on this drive. My problem is that Windows Server Backup will not even detect this drive at all! Diskpart tells me this drive has no mount locations, and the partition type is 83.

The only solution I have come across is uRecover, but unfortunately I wasted my money purchasing this product as it will not run! I keep recieving an error message stating "Missing the current machine signature."

Is there any other software or method that will allow me to recover my data? This is my only backup of this specific data.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

I have removed this 2TB drive from my server and attached it to a dedicated test server. I am able to detect this drive in disk management and it currently has 3 partitions. One partition is just over 1850GB, which is where my data must be stored. I am unable to assign a drive letter to any partition on this drive. My problem is that Windows Server Backup will not even detect this drive at all! Diskpart tells me this drive has no mount locations, and the partition type is 83.

83 is the partition ID for a Linux native, typically Ext2/3/4 FS. :w00t:

You will need to save the MBR, compress it in a .zip file and attach it.

A suitable app to save the MBR is hdhacker:

http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/index.html

you want first sector of the PhysicalDrive.

jaclaz