Malwarebytes Blocking malicious IP address!

Hi:

I was using my computer and I saw a pop-up message from Malwarebytes about it blocking me from a malicous website. I did a search and found out the IP address that was trying to connect to my computer was from the Netherlands.

The connection attempt is outgoing. So does that mean it's some on my computer calling to the bad website?

I should also mention that yes I do have utorrent on my computer at this time but haven't used it since installing it(I did a test install of my own CAB creation of Utorrent first on a virtual PC and then on my "real computer" but haven't used it).

Any assistance would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

You can run netstat to tell you what processes are connecting where

netstat -b

Hi Tripredacus:

Thanks for replying to my message.

You said use netstat -b right? Did you mean for me to go to "START'", "RUN" and then type netstat - b into the box? If so that's what I did but I couldn't really see anything because the stuff in the command screen box disappears too fast. Is there some way to slow it down or to get a log of what was in that screen?

• 3 months later...

Am having the same problem.. ip address is 77.247.177.32

having run netstat I e believe it is skype doing this!

Have al got running all kinds of apple stuff

Anyone else had this ip address? If it continues then I will stop using malware bytes as it is popping up every minute or so! pc scanned for viruses and is totally clean

Am having the same problem.. ip address is 77.247.177.32

having run netstat I e believe it is skype doing this!

Have al got running all kinds of apple stuff

Anyone else had this ip address? If it continues then I will stop using malware bytes as it is popping up every minute or so! pc scanned for viruses and is totally clean

Read first post. Also, check out ArinDOTnet - you can enter an IP address and it will tell you who "owns" the IP range. Yes, that IP is in the Netherlands (again, see first post).