Erasing files in XP (for good)

HatePasswords

I'm new to XP, because I used 98 so long on a dial up connection. I have satellite now. ........ In any case, I get junk stuck in my computer and can't use my old eraser program to get rid of it. Guess I'd have to say that XP seems terribly bossy and overbearing. The files just keep reappearing. Surely there must be some way to get rid of them. Truth be known .... I'm starting to wish computers had never been invented. OMG,so much confusion. if that were not true, there wouldn't be such an overwhelming multitude of questions on so many forums.

BTW, who is the MS agent with the dark sunglasses inside XP? Can we take him out and shoot him ?

:wacko:

BTW, who is the MS agent with the dark sunglasses inside XP? Can we take him out and shoot him ?

There is a Microsoft Agent present in your system! My first experience with this Agent is your little search friends like Clippy and the Dog/Cat/Wizard. Of course the Agent has since involved to encompass more of the operating system... B)

But yes, some files will "return" if they are protected system files. Such files would give you a warning if you try to remove them... but these are more like shortcuts. If you want to get rid of some extra things in your new XP install, you should look at Add Remove Windows Components...