NVIDIA display driver fails to start

ervenet

I've done several researches about this problem and done a couple of tests but I didn't find the answer.

I intagrated succefully drivers ("piece of cake", nLite did all the work) for my motherboard SATA-IDE, SMBus, ethernet, Audio, Sil 3114 add-in PCI card, but with NVIDIA display driver intagrated (I hope correctly), the graphical card is reconized as an ATI 8600GT but the device manager reports an error code (18).

After a fresh installation of XP SP2 (original CD) or SP3 (SP2 original upgraded only with SP3) on HDD, after rebooting, I try to install the driver by selecting the .INF file in the device manager. After reboot same error code (18).

I tried to intagrate the display driver to a fresh XP CD with nLite buy selecting the whole NVIDIA folder, but the same error code is reported too.

When I use the NVIDIA installer, several files are copied but it seems that it ended by installing a control panel also.

The display driver is GEFORCE 280.26 DRIVER

I'm using nLite v1.4.9.1 with XP SP3 (french).

I also would have like to find an addon pack for IE8.0 in french but all links are dead. I grabe a copy of OnePiece IE8 WinXPSP3 AddOn FRA (dead download link in this message) on megaupload but the "Hash MD5" of this one doesn't match the one given by OnePiece in his message with his download link...so I will not use this copy.

I would like to try to make the addon myself but I need to learn from zero and it is probably not worth the time I will spend on this.

Again sorry to have to ask, and thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by ervenet

Today I found a French Forum that is still active:

http://www.forum-unattend.fr/phpBB3/index.php

There is addon for IE 8.0 in French and I've seen that some of the users still use the addon for IE 8.0 in french made by OnePiece, so i think that I will not bother you any more with this addon.

Thank you for your kind help.

• 1 month later...

In a way i'm glad to see people still integrating nvidia geforce into unattended xp, and fail ...

I've always used the inf method to integrate the nvida driver, and since v270.xx nvidia corp changed their install package, and i couldn't find a (clean) way to install them.

I haven't tried the very last one, v285.58, maybe they changed something again.

Et si tu veux OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_AddOn_FRA.7z je peux te l'envoyer ... ;)

Edited by xyu