Ven

Hello

My PC spec is as follows:

Asrock P67 Extreme4

Intel i5-2500K OC to 4.8 GHz

Noctua NH-D14 Cooler

PCI Sata/IDE Controller - Rosewill RC-215

4x2GB G Skill Ripjaws Ram

4x 2TB Drives, 1x 1TB Drives, 2x Sata Notebook Drives, 1x IDE Notebook Drive, 1x Kingston V 100+ 96GB SSD

2x Radeon HD 6950 stock clocks and Bios (One is out for RMA - going to crossfire when it arrives)

4x 120mm Fans, 1x 140mm Fan, 1x 80mm Fan

Antec EA-650 Earthwatts 650w PSU

I would like to know if my PSU is sufficient to crossfire with the current spec, or should I upgrade? I am, currently strapped for cash and would like to avoid upgrading the PSU. Also, I would like to know what are the symptoms of suffering from an overloaded PSU?

Thank You

Here is a psu calculator and be sure to set a higher component you're not sure or the component isn't listed.

I'd say without even checking that your psu is not enough as when you're overclocking not only the cpu but some other components will require more power.

An overloaded psu would most likely not start sometimes; might also provide a nice burnt odor; some of the lines might not be powered sometimes; it could start a fire......

Usually, it is not the component you want to be overloaded as you might damage the other parts (most valuable) of your computer.

I just used the psu calculator and setting the two hd 6950 in crossfire and overclocking with1.39V with all those drives would need 684W and a recommended PSU of 734W. With only one radeon,you don't need to replace your psu.

There seem to be 2 different models of the EA-650, one with 2x 12V lines and one with 3x 12V lines; If you have the one with 3x 12V lines I would get a 800+W to replace it. But if it's the dual rail one, also called the green one, I would just use it as it will provide enough power.