Font and icon settings

BookWorm

In every version of windows from 95 to XP, you right click on the desktop, click properties, and somewhere in the box that comes up, you can change the title bar, menu, icon, and other fonts, and adjust the icon spacing (horizonal and vertical) and the icon size.

Microsoft seems to have decided I don't want this feature. Microsoft if full of fertilizer. :realmad:

How do I get my font and icon controls back? Do I need a third party product? Is there a TweakUI for Windows 7?

Please don't suggest Windowblinds. It isn't quite as stable as a pile of water.

How do I get my font and icon controls back? Do I need a third party product? Is there a TweakUI for Windows 7?

Hi Bookworm:

DisplaySet is a good solution. Even when it is a rather old freeware program I've tried it under Windows 7 and it runs perfect.

Greetings.

Edited by cannie

Thanks, thats great! :yes:

But I still want a 7 version of TweakUI.

Is there some other way to get rid of the shortcut arrow? I know there are many programs to do it in older versions of Windows, but not everything is compatible. Icon Tweaker is a dissapointing example. :(

There are a lot of settings such as you stated except font style in this location: right click on the desktop, choose Personalize, Window Color Custom, Advanced Appearance Settings. Click on the "Item" drop down box or just click on the actual item. I would not recommend it as it lets you know if the icon is a shortcut or that actual program itself.