seagate Baracuda 7200.12 HDD

Hi,

i am having seagate Baracuda 7200.12 HDD

ST3500413AS FW JC45

PCB 100535704 REV B

this hdd is not getting detected in bios.

i tried to clean contacts but no use.

nothing found any burn on PCB.

while power on PC no any think happenes like vibrations of motor(motor not starting)

what might be problem.

seems PCB problem.

How to dignose?Please guide.

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I cannot cannot give guidance, only commiseration:

I have a 7200.12 also that is not being recognized by BIOS. (ST3750528AS, Firmware HP34)

The drive worked fine for about two years and then one morning -- it just wasnt there. No strange sounds, just not seen.

I have tried it in multiple computers, and in all cases, it is not recognized. Nor is any other device on the SATA bus when this HD is attached, so it seems like whatever the problem with this drive is, it hangs up the entire bus.

SEATOOLS for DOS does not see the drive either. (I assume for the same reason that BIOS does not.)

I have seen some people claim that the 7200.12s can be subject to the same LB0 and BSY issues as 7200.11s. Others deny that and say that the LB0 and BSY issues are unique to the 7200.11. (See http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128807 for info on the 7200.11 LB0 and BSY issues.)

There is also the claim that the 7200.12 is subject to a similar, but different issue. (See: http://computersciencelabs.blogspot.com/2011/02/seagate-720012-sim-error-firmware-fault.html)

At this point, I have ordered a USB TTL converter to investigate further, but have not attempted any of the solutions mentioned above, and am not certain that I will. Depends on what I see when I connect.

I will let you know more in a few days.