.Net and HFSLIP

Caspean

I'll start by saying I'm a novice with HFSLIP at best, but I have used it for a couple years. I decided I'd like to make a more up to date disk.

XP Pro -- 32bit -- SP3

I downloaded the latest beta from Mimo's site.

I used the batch downloader from:http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/143720-batch-hotfix-downloading/

I used Mimo's file checker and corrected all the errors.

I got right up to where I use to use the old dot net all-in-one creator from the MSFN forums, but found it was discontinued. I'd like to integrate all of the .net environments, but I'm not sure what the best method of doing so is.

Does anyone have any advice? A link to a newer all-in-one creator? Alternatively, how to deal with each (1.1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4) version and the associated service packs and hotfixes? I thought about adding this question to the .net question that is within the last 10 threads on this forum, but it was very old and I didn't want to thread-jack someone else.

Thank you,

Caspean

• 1 month later...

Alternatively you can use addons/switchless installers available on RyanVM board.

In particular the releases of yumeyao might be of interest. You can find them here and here.

I finally got time to update my disk and I'm stuck on something most of you will probably find overly simple...

I downloaded yumeyao's AIO release "DotNetFXAIO_40F_20111019_Addon_ENU.cab" but I'm not sure where to put the file. Since it's a cab do I put it in HFCABS? Or do I put it in the HFAAO directory since it's an addon? Note: I don't currently have a HFAAO directory, so if I create one will the software automatically look for the files in it and use them?

Sorry for the basic questions, I don't get to update my disk very often.

Thanks,

Caspean

Caspean,

If you want direct integration (Yumeyao's addons are switchless installers) you should try True AddOns made by OnePiece:

NET 1.1

NET 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5

NET 4.0

These are integrated directly into Windows' source and are installed before T-13. If you create HFAAO and put them there, HFSLIP will automatically unpack and slipstream them.

Yumeyao's ones bprobably won't work from HFAAO (as far as I know).

Edited by tomasz86

Caspean,

If you want direct integration (Yumeyao's addons are switchless installers) you should try True AddOns made by OnePiece:

NET 1.1

NET 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5

NET 4.0

These are integrated directly into Windows' source and are installed before T-13. If you create HFAAO and put them there, HFSLIP will automatically unpack and slipstream them.

Thanks for the help. I'm trying those now.

Yumeyao's ones bprobably won't work from HFAAO (as far as I know).

You are correct, it absolutely does not work. (I tried)

Thanks again.

Caspean

Edited by Caspean

I downloaded yumeyao's AIO release "DotNetFXAIO_40F_20111019_Addon_ENU.cab" but I'm not sure where to put the file. Since it's a cab do I put it in HFCABS? Or do I put it in the HFAAO directory since it's an addon? Note: I don't currently have a HFAAO directory, so if I create one will the software automatically look for the files in it and use them?

I extract the DOTNETFX.exe from yumeyao's AIO release and place it in the HFSVCPACK folder. It installs without any issues or problems. I use the ALL-IN-One including all versions.

My2GirlsDad