Any programmer think to make a winpe builder?

Kullenen_Ask

Opened this topic just want ask for anybody interested and willing to code a program to build a winpe as a hobby or in his free times. With support of scripts to add programs in it. Custumization support. Different shells support. Preferably open source (Can help other programmers to add their skills). Just as BartPE, Winbuilder, MakePE3 ... I think there is enough people in this forum capable of coding but just less people to open topics about WinPE

enough, already? What's the point in coding yet another PE builder?

Maybe you are mixing projects with builders ;) because of hybrid designs back to roots....

Yet another PE project not much required, but you can be sure there is high requirement for a Real Good builder.

ps: Kape1-2 , some series of batch builds for pe2/3, and a new coming builder can be added to list, still all not fit builder requirements for various reasons.

I also have same wish with Kullenen_Ask for some years now, hoping a real good programmer, seeing such high requirement on internet, having some freeware open source soul, with free time to develop such thing, one day. :thumbup

.... and a new coming builder can be added to list, still all not fit builder requirements for various reasons.

Not being a programmer, I cannot be of help, even if I wanted to. :(

But I would like to understand what are these "builder requirements" or, if you prefer, before reinventing the wheel, in which way wheel 2.0 should be made "rounder"? :unsure:

jaclaz

I do not want to open a hot conversation what is advantages or disadvantages of builders because the topic will change and lose it's aim. X person will say good for his builder, Y person will say no. The aim of the topic is to search and find such a programmer. New ideas and a one more option to choose a builder can not be bad is not it.

But I would like to understand what are these "builder requirements" or, if you prefer, before reinventing the wheel, in which way wheel 2.0 should be made "rounder"?

It should be as simple as the end user can modify and change everyhing and scripts without losing lots of time.

I found the some way to grap the changes from windows embedded. And want try to suppy. Forexample for media player package i will supply.

1-) Base language independent registry for media player.

2-) Base language specific registry for media player for dependent language

3-) Base language independent file list

4-) Base language dependent mui file list

That winbuilder developers are not yet sure or capable to find the way. There can be dependency resolver in the winpe builder also. For users selected features it can advise as "you should select this scripts, because it is dependent etc." Can not have a media player support without sound support.

Also main script of the new winpe builder already very clear with the only explorer and shell. Maybe i should supply core scripts and wait for anybody can achive to convert them a soft.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

There can be dependency resolver in the winpe builder also. For users selected features it can advise as "you should select this scripts, because it is dependent etc." Can not have a media player support without sound support.

Yes, this is an issue, that I have also being talking about since years, but as I see it is "independant" from the actual builder.

Also main script of the new winpe builder already very clear with the only explorer and shell. Maybe i should supply core scripts and wait for anybody can achive to convert them a soft.

Yes, but I don't really see problems in the actual tool (one may be sllightly better than another, but not that much) rather I see a lot of "missing" knowledge or settings or the way the available knowledge is scattered around.

As you might know I once put together in a weekend a (very limited and as always half-@§§ed) builder in batch for a very small project, the issue as I see it is not the actual builder but "all the rest". :(

jaclaz

Opened this topic just want ask for anybody interested and willing to code a program to build a winpe as a hobby or in his free times. With support of scripts to add programs in it. Custumization support. Different shells support. Preferably open source (Can help other programmers to add their skills). Just as BartPE, Winbuilder, MakePE3 ... I think there is enough people in this forum capable of coding but just less people to open topics about WinPE

Good idea!

However, the aim is not clear enough... "With support of scripts". What do you mean?

Regards :)

It means extensions/add ons or what ever it called in english. Probably you understood. If somebody want to add winrar, will add winrar extension. I just called as what winbuilder calls it. I am against the term "script developer" everybody should be capable of writing add ons and everybody should be developer, just it should be easy

Thanks for the quick reply. But please think about your aim. You want someone to develop a whole new scripting language? That anyone can use?

As you know, building a custom PE can be boiled down to just a few fairly basic functions. These things could be presented to a user as a simple scripting language.

Another approach might be for you (yes, you ... :) ...) to maintain a backend database of all the popular programs and their settings, and a new user is only ever exposed to a GUI for basic customization, and forget about user-scripting altogether. That way, you could end up with a rounder wheel.

Regards :)

I do not want anybody to develop a new scripting language. It can use just reg files,inf files (as BartPE) and copy file list. And a nice gui.

Kape builder as gui looks like very nice and as expected, just need to be improved of that with more options and customization. Maybe we should ask for author to make it open source.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

I do not want anybody to develop a new scripting language. It can use just reg files,inf files (as BartPE) and copy file list. And a nice gui.

This is what my half@§§ed batches did (obviously without a GUI, let alone a "nice" one).

Kape builder as gui looks like very nice and as expected, just need to be improved of that with more options and customization. Maybe we should ask for author to make it open source.

as allanf pointed out, to me the real problem is the "fuel", NOT the "engine".

jaclaz

as allanf pointed out, to me the real problem is the "fuel", NOT the "engine".

Ok. Than, before demand fuel, first of all invent a good engine.

I would gladly, if I could.

If a batch (no GUI) is OK for you or if you can live with the graphical limitations of a pseudoGUI such as WizApp:

http://wizapp.sourceforge.net/

I could be game.

If what you will provide is:

1-) Base language independent registry for media player.

2-) Base language specific registry for media player for dependent language

3-) Base language independent file list

4-) Base language dependent mui file list

It can be done in batch allright, it might not be the fastest build engine in the world, but it will work allright, and once the format for the 4 elements above has been established, we may find someone willing to write a "proper" program using the same "fuel".

How will be the ""dependencies" (I mean cross dependencies) managed?

(this is the issue around which I am revolving, creating an effecitve way of represent such dependencies in a database or something like that)

jaclaz