terminal services in winpe 3.0

patronu

it is possible but what you want to do with it? remote connect? look first post of my topic remote there is a screenshot of remote connected winpe. It needs so much stuff and my advice you to connect with temviewer or something else.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Not terminal services, but remote connection (sort of the same), with the new remote recovery in the Dart 7.0 tools. I use them for my MDT 2010/2012 and ConfigMgr 2007/2012 deployments, but they work in any WinPE - Without disabling the firewall like VNC requires...

Here is an article on how to add remote connection to WinPE.

Remote Connection to WinPE during MDT/SCCM deployments

http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/36/Software-Assurance-Pays-Off-Remote-Connection-to-WinPE-during-MDT-SCCM-deployments.aspx

/ Johan

I want to connect to it using RDP. I can use DART but I have to enter that authorization key. So there is no point to use dart because I have to go to read the key. This is a problem when using PXE boot. Sometimes the computer is not in the same room. Right now I use ultravnc but I don't like it.

@Kullenen_Ask

I don't care if it's complicated. Did you manage to do it?

Service automatically stops frequenlty. It will not help you because at target machine somebody should start the service. For to get it run i start every service, i do not exactly know what services it exactly need. After i succeded to connect the machine i need to left the machine for a few hours alone and try to connect again if it connects or not.

The Dart component outputs a xml file with the connection info (ticket number, port etc), it's the inv32.xml file and is stored in X:\Windows\System32. You can (quite easily), create a vbscript that parses that file and stores a shortcut on the server. The dart connection viewer accepts commandline input of ticknumber etc.

Sidenote: In MDT 2012 Beta 2 (out in october) Microsoft added a connect button in the server side UI, so you can see all running/deploying clients, and directly connect to them. Very nice :)

/ Johan

The Dart component outputs a xml file with the connection info (ticket number, port etc), it's the inv32.xml file and is stored in X:\Windows\System32. You can (quite easily), create a vbscript that parses that file and stores a shortcut on the server. The dart connection viewer accepts commandline input of ticknumber etc.

Sidenote: In MDT 2012 Beta 2 (out in october) Microsoft added a connect button in the server side UI, so you can see all running/deploying clients, and directly connect to them. Very nice :)

/ Johan

that's a good point. didn't know about inv32.xml. but still I prefer RDP :) rdp client is present on every windows instalation. dart remote viewer is not.