look for VPN solution

roy1984

Good day, I want to inquire if it is possible that I can connect the LAN's of all my internet cafe branches. They are situated about 100 meters in between. I thought of using LAN wires but city ordinance prohibits attaching LAN wires through city owned posts. That's why the only means might be via the internet.

Here are some pertinent specs and conditions existing.

Cafe1: 96 Units/windows xp sp3/4 DSL static connections via load balancer/router

Cafe2: 80 Units/windows xp sp3/3 DSL static connection via router

Cafe3: 120 Units/windows xp sp3/3 DSL static connection via load balancer/router

GOAL: My goal is to be able to connect these 3 groups so that players can be able to connect with each other for cooperative games.

I am looking for VPN setup for 3 sites

I am a cybercafe technician, I would like to setup a huge VPN network for LAN games.

Anyone can help me through this?

I don't understand where is your problem:

- the players should be able to play online from each location (as each has a dsl and so an internet access).

- they should be able to play to play with each other without a vpn unless the games only offer a multiplayer Lan support (only old games ipx based should be in this case).

Also your network provider(s) should be able to link all your cafe together with something like optic fiber or ethernet but that might be expensive and most likely should be paid in one time only.

If you still want vpn, you should look at openvpn.

I'd install a linux firewall/gateway on each cafe, then install the openvpn server on the one with the best internet connection and then configure the 2 others to connect to this one.

I would use a range of 192.168.1.xxx for cafe 1, 192.168.2.xxx for cafe2 and 192.168.3.xxx for cafe 3. Then i would configure each linux firewall to route all 192.168.1-3.xxx through openvpn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have experience with Watchguard firewalls and I can tell you that they have a pretty decent IPSec Branch Office VPN setup that is easy enough to configure.

I have heard good things about the Barracuda VPN device as well.

Do you have a firewall in place now? Are you doing this to avoid server browsing in some way?