Intel i7 - Any one tried it yet!?

NoUserName

why a Z68? Your board doesn't use the GPU from the Intel CPU and so a board with P67 is enough. Z68 combines usage of the onboard GPU inside the CPU (H67) + overclock ability of P67

You mean it is not good enough and need to be replaced?

The reason I did not got the mentioned 67 one is that it is not any more in local markets.

Do I need to replace it with something else?

Also regarding the rest, any other comments?

why a Z68? Your board doesn't use the GPU from the Intel CPU and so a board with P67 is enough. Z68 combines usage of the onboard GPU inside the CPU (H67) + overclock ability of P67

I do not understand this part correctly, please explain it more and clear if I bought the wrong one.

do you run the system already? In this case, don't change anything if it works.

Yes it is up and running and already bought it few days ago.

I've followed the advises you said but changed only the CPU to i7 instead of i5 because I've got some extra money, and the motherboard was not existing in local market and only z68 one exist.

You know that I am not technical like you guys here are but I do know that your words and opinions counts and worth.

Intel has several Chipsets for the Intel Sandy Bridge (Codename of the 2nd Edition of the Intel i Core) CPUs. The H67 is for home users and make use of the integrated graphic of the CPU but doesn't allow overclocking. The P67 is the chipset for advanced users who want to overclock their CPU, but with the P67 you can't use the integrated GPU of the Sandy bridge CPU. The z86 combine the H67 and P67. So your Z68 based board is fine for you and you can start encoding videos :)

Intel has several Chipsets for the Intel Sandy Bridge (Codename of the 2nd Edition of the Intel i Core) CPUs. The H67 is for home users and make use of the integrated graphic of the CPU but doesn't allow overclocking. The P67 is the chipset for advanced users who want to overclock their CPU, but with the P67 you can't use the integrated GPU of the Sandy bridge CPU. The z86 combine the H67 and P67. So your Z68 based board is fine for you and you can start encoding videos :)

z86 allow overclocking!?

yes z68 with K CPU allows overclocking.

1. Please how to enable over clocking with it?
  2. Also what is the recommended over clocking settings?
  3. Will overclocking increase the video encoding speed?
  4. Also if I've connected another nVIDIA card (the same), will it be bridged together? and will it be double the speed and performance or it does not matter?

read here how to overclock:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-overclocking-efficiency,2850.html

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-Sandy-Bridge-Overclocking-Potential-Explored-177765.shtml

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1501/8/

Start in small steps with the overclocking. Not all CPUs can be overclocked the same way.

Overclocking means running with higher CPU clock rate which also speeds up encoding.

I have no idea about SLI and if CUDA software benefits from it.

read here how to overclock:

http://www.tomshardw...iency,2850.html

http://news.softpedi...ed-177765.shtml

http://www.legitrevi...article/1501/8/

Start in small steps with the overclocking. Not all CPUs can be overclocked the same way.

Overclocking means running with higher CPU clock rate which also speeds up encoding.

I have no idea about SLI and if CUDA software benefits from it.

Thanks for your help and I do hope if someone can help with the nVIDIA CUDA issue in case of two cards bridged.

Hello,

It is me again.

Please I've a 1000 usd budget, and will buy another one and would like to know your recommendations for such a thing as soon as possible.

Also regarding the motherboard and the vga card, it must be an invidia one because of the cuda.

You did helped me more then you think last time and I do hope to find the same help again.

Thanks a lot and too much appreciated.

Did I said or did something wrong?

I am not used to find such ignorance.

Also, is it because I did not followed the exact advise and bought an i7 instead of i5 as advised? (it was because I've got some extra money).

Really wired.

Thanks!

I would assume it's not a matter of what you've done, but rather a case of what you haven't done.

Guys ... Please determine something and agree for it then tell me as I do not know a lot about such technical stuffs.

I've up to 1000 USD for a whole new computer budget.

There are very many extremely helpful people on this site who are more than willing to HELP you solve a problem or give you recommendations. But not do all the work for you. Besides, you need to learn so that you can do it yourself next time, or even help someone else.

It's not clear to me what you are expecting us to do. You asked whether z68 with K CPU allowed overclocking, when you could have looked that answer up yourself. You asked how to overclock and were given several links to show you how to do it, though google could have helped you there as well. So, what have you done? What have you tried? What happened, or didn't happen? This is your system. Read, try things, experiment. Then come tell us what you did and ask for clarification for what you don't understand. And tell us explicitly what you want, and, if necessary, why. Help us help you. Don't just keep saying "Now what?" It get's very tiring, and it's not our system. If you want someone else to do all the work so you can just use it, then take it to your favorite computer store, give it to them, and pay them to do it for you. Then they can also fix it for you and upgrade it if necessary. I'm sure there are lots of places out there that will be very willing to take your money.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt