Techzones Up again

Conan

lol pia :rolleyes:

boogs, you put what i was thinking into words that made more sense. i am a babbling moron.... :)

but yeah thats exactly what i thought also, but the most likeley way someone got in is through one of vbb's MANY security holes :hmmm:

Well a while back, there was a guy who we all joined his forum, and he got p***ed and started hacking some sites, because he figured out that some of the admins were using the same password on his site as on their own. So he hacked the site, by using their own password. Very simple really,

BB

Well a while back, there was a guy who we all joined his forum, and he got p***ed and started hacking some sites, because he figured out that some of the admins were using the same password on his site as on their own.  So he hacked the site, by using their own password.  Very simple really,

BB

yup, what Boogs is saying makes more sense really, i agree , i think that is it..

I am not really sure how they got to the password since ALL forum software out there encrypt the passwords and i really never saw a hack to "Unhide" them.. But if he knew enough stuff, he might have written it himself, a possibility i guess

yup, what Boogs is saying makes more sense really, i agree , i think that is it..

I am not really sure how they got to the password since ALL forum software out there encrypt the passwords and i really never saw a hack to "Unhide" them.. But if he knew enough stuff, he might have written it himself, a possibility i guess :yeahyeah

BW- I've only been using vb for about 2 months,but even i know how to get passwords from other boards.

I'm too honest though to even think about using the exploit.

BW- I've only been using vb for about 2 months,but even i know how to get passwords from other boards.

I'm too honest though to even think about using the exploit.

well unless you hack your own board, there really is no way to pass up vBulletin 's encryption system.. i looked into it and i can tell you, the encryption is pretty tight, and i doubt that anyone can learn the password from a vB database (well maybe except the coders) ...

I agree with FthrJack.

When new visitors find that MSFN Members are owners, creators, admins, etc. of sites outside MSFN it lends a certain amount of credibility to MSFN. A win-win board links to outside interests posted by members of good standing. Makes a nice community.

Ever consider a Board Ring (Web Ring) thingy?

MSNwar - The FatMan

My name is MSNwar and I am an MSFN Junkie:angel