Animation Software and Drawing Application for Win 9x?

Bracamonte

PhotoFiltre also has an excellent, underrated batch converter.

I used to use the bloated XnView and IrfanView programs... but PhotoFiltre is more efficient, easier, and simpler. IrfanView and XnView have gotten carried away with "doing it all." Too many options now.

PhotoFiltre and FastStone Image Viewer are all I need... especially for Win9x... there's nothing better.

**I use versions 2.4 or 2.30 of FastStone, as it only requires 128 MB memory on older machines - according to the system requirements section in the help section.

re - Adobe CS2 (and other Adobe software) -

Better read this. Just signing up appears to NOT "give" it to you. You had to have a Legitimate Key given in the first place for the "special key".

Of course, I could be wrong, but Forbes appears to have provided some insight.

Of course, I could be wrong, but Forbes appears to have provided some insight.

After reading that Forbes "update", I just don't know what has happened to writers' communication skills these days :thumbdown If you read from around the "---------" divider it just makes no sense to me. His font and size selection further messes it up. This paragraph is out of place compared to the title: "If you have a digital creative streak but your budget doesn’t extend far enough to buy Adobe’s Creative Suite applications, this is for you. Adobe have made available an array of applications from its Creative Suite 2 bundle — for free.". Maybe he is just sloppy and neglected to label the "original" and the "updated" parts of the post? Still clear as mud to me.

Adobe CS2 UPDATE:

Later info read at TechSpot: Adobe offering Creative Suite 2 for free, but they didn't mean to. Near as I can tell, they -permanently turned off the activation servers used by this CS2 Suite a month ago. Existing customers owning that suite still need to be able to reinstall that software on occasion but could no longer do this without the servers. Consequently Adobe put up that page with altered versions that no longer require activation for use by these existing customers.

The page is still live and will likely remain live. For people that do not own these versions ( the CS2 Suite or the individual standalone versions ) you are on the honor system to not use them!

This is indeed a very unusual situation. Adobe is between a rock and a hard place and had to choose whether to simply abandon those customers by killing the servers in effect killing the software should it ever require re-activation, or just place non-activated versions of the software available on a public server which no longer even requires a sign-in. Many long-timers may remember that this was discussed when "Activation" first became popular around 2000 with Office and then Windows XP. The logistics of how to handle the inevitable future scenario of maintaining activating servers "forever" was one of the arguments against this style of DRM. Now we have just witnessed the choice made by one company, Adobe, and I think they made the right choice, the customer friendly choice.

We are left to ponder, what will Microsoft do? The right thing or the wrong thing?

EDIT: corrected link

Edited by CharlotteTheHarlot