nlite failures

nichos

Downloaded :-WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

Yes have the original XP cd.

Yes PC 32bit.

What exactly do you mean by this :-"You need to make a new fresh CD copy to use again nLite"

What do I look for in FAQs?

God this is taking too much of yours & miy time. Be better I install xp on a spare HD.

SOLVED I give up.

Thank you all for trying to help, I guess am not up to it, sorry for taking your time.

If nlite does not suit you, you can try HFSLIP.

The big different is that you do not need to keep restarting a fresh source everytime you re-do the slipstreaming process. (Nodoby will stop at 1st time only. I'm sure you will come back again to re-slip by adding/modifying/improving the slipstream process mainly for tweaking, adding programs or mistake made etc into the OS once you get the hang of it).

nlite modify your source. HFSLIP don't. HFSLIP create a copy of it and modify from there, i.e. thru the SOURCESS folder. So your source do not need to replace everytime your re-do the whole process.

Having said that, HFSLIP is generally not for components removal. But you can get a decent updated iso (XP with SP3, WPM11, IE8, dotnet framework, your registry tweak, programs addon, etc). Isn't that what majority of us is trying to accomplish? HFSLIP, being cmd-type script, it does not need .Net 2 framework to run.

HFSLIP is no longer supported by its developers (same as nlite), currently the active tread within HFSLIP forum is usually The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

To get started, go to Windows XP SP3 Update-List, maintanined by forum member Mimo. On the left page, click on the link "Windows XP" .

Text search within the page for 'Table 6: Files used by HFSLIP'.

On the first table, download "HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta J v4 " or 'HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta J v5' for the batch script to get started.

I suggested run hfslip to a data drive, not system drive, so that you can retain the existing build and improve on it over time.

To learn more of how to use hfslip, On 'Mimo's HFSLIP Information Site', click on left frame "HFSLIP' and several basic topic to get started (Introduction, Basic-How-To, Advanced Features, Extras, XP SP3, Hotfox lists, Downloads, Changelog)

Hope that helps