Create Win XP 32bit and 64bit multiboot dvd

Hi,

PLEASE Guide.

I am creating a multiboot cd with windows XP with 32 bit and 64 bit setups.I would basically have six boot options in the menu of the setup dvd,

1.WinXP Pro 32bit

2.Repair 32 bit

3.WinXP Pro 64bit

4.Repair 64 bit

5.Boot from Harddisk

6.Reboot PC

Options 2 and 4 would rarely be used, but I prefer keeping them.

The I386 folder of 32Bit is I386,32bit repair is named I32R,The I386 folder of 64Bit is renamed IX64 and 64Bit repair as I64R.The boot files of 32 and 64 bit have been extracted and named as XP32.bin,XP32R.bin,XP64.bin and XP64R.bin.In XP32R.bin,XP64.bin and XP64R.bin I have replaced the text I386 to I32R,IX64 and I64R.Replaced the text i386 in I32R\setupldr.bin to i32r,IX64\setupldr.bin to ix64 and I64R\setupldr.bin to i64r.Changed SetupSourcePath = "\" in I32R\txtsetup.sif to SetupSourcePath = "\I32R".

Should I change the SetupSourcePath in the IX64\txtsetup.sif and I64R\txtsetup.sif ?

The unattended file "WINNT.SIF" in 32 bit is in the I386 folder.I have placed one without repair option in I386 and one with repair option in I32R.

The "WINNT.SIF" is located in the AMD64 folder, How do I do it for 64bit?

If the duplicate once switch is used in creating the ISO, would there be a problem in the setup or if and software/hardware needs the I386 folder for copying files from the setup DVD ?

Use a slightly different approach: SetupSourcePath and BootPath.

Use one directory for unanttended and repair, adjust winnt.sif. Patch a second setupldr.bin to winnt .rep.

unattended: use file \XP64\AMD64\WINNT.SIF

repair use file: \XP64\AMD64\WINNT.REP

As for 32 bit use a second setupldr.bin too and two files

I386\WINNT.SIF

I386\WINNT.REP

Use a slightly different approach: SetupSourcePath and BootPath.

Use one directory for unanttended and repair, adjust winnt.sif. Patch a second setupldr.bin to winnt .rep.

unattended: use file \XP64\AMD64\WINNT.SIF

repair use file: \XP64\AMD64\WINNT.REP

As for 32 bit use a second setupldr.bin too and two files

I386\WINNT.SIF

I386\WINNT.REP

Thanks.I read the topic you have pointed towards.I am using EasyBoot to create the cd menu.To run xp setup in the easyboot command I enter "run xp64.bin".Replacing I386 to IX64 in xp64.bin is telling the boot sector that i386 is IX64 but if i386 is placed in a folder named xp64 would maybe have to place the bin file in the folder XP64 enter in the command "run \xp64\xp64.bin".I am unable to understand boot sector patching.

Patching "second setupldr.bin to winnt .rep" and then for repair use " \XP64\AMD64\WINNT.REP".How? setupldr.bin and winnt.sif are two different types of files.

I am using EasyBoot to create the cd menu.
I don't use EasyBoot.
I am unable to understand boot sector patching.
The boot sector file loads a file \i386\setupldr.bin.

If you use another file name, you have to change the boot sector file.

Patch the boot sector file accordingly.

Yes, patch IX64 if you use a directory IX64.

Or use another bootmanager, load setupldr.bin directly.

Patching "second setupldr.bin to winnt .rep" and then for repair use " \XP64\AMD64\WINNT.REP".How? setupldr.bin and winnt.sif are two different types of files.

Setupldr.bin contains a string winnt.sif. Patch a second renamed setupldr.bin (\IX64\setupldr.rep ): change winnt.sif to winnt.rep

Patch a second boot sector file to load \IX64\setupldr.rep: change i386 to IX64 and change setupldr.bin to setupldr.rep.

For testing purpose

1.Kept the the same directory structure as of the 64bit iso.

\AMD64

\I386

2.Copied \1386\setupdlr.bin to \1386\setupdlr.rep

3.Copied \AMD64\winnt.sif to \AMD64\winnt.rep

4.Patched bootsector to load setupdlr.rep (Replaced text setupdlr.bin to setupdlr.rep)

5.\AMD64\winnt.sif

\AMD64\winnt.rep

\I386\setupdlr.rep

\I386\setupdlr.bin

when I load the patched bootsector it works fine, but if the \I386\setupdlr.rep is patched for winnt.rep I get the error "NTLDR is corrupt"

when I load the patched bootsector it works fine, but if the \I386\setupdlr.rep is patched for winnt.rep I get the error "NTLDR is corrupt"

Maybe it is not an XP setupldr.bin but rather a Server 2003 one?

jaclaz

P.s.: ooops, sorry cross-posting with cdob :blushing:

Edited by jaclaz

Using the cracked setupldr.bin everything works fine as required.

Should I change the SetupSourcePath in the AMD64\txtsetup.sif from SetupSourcePath = "\" to SetupSourcePath = "\IX64" ?

Directory structure is

\AMD64

\I386 (I386 of 32 bit)

\IX64 (I386 of 64 bit renamed to IX64)