nLite hotfixes problem with WinXP SP3

Killjoy

Hi to all. I have Windows XP genuine with slipstreamed SP 3. Now I 've decided to download some hotfixes, very important hotfixes.

I've downloaded all of them, carefully reading which one of them replacing another.

Here's list of hotfixes that there are integrated into Win XP SP3:

allnp.png

Each column is actually folder. Each column is separated by year. Hotfixes from 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Installation went OK. BUT, I couldn't update through MS Automatic Update Center. Web page says that I do not run Win XP SP3 and offers me download of SP3.

Also I removed MSN Explorer and Windows Messenger from installation disk.

Can anybody tells me what went wrong? What did I do wrong?

And also I've downloaded all Windows Media Player hotfixes (hotfixes for WMP 9), because I don't like WMP 11.

After WinXP installation, WMP 9 did not working. It informs me to download latest version of WMP11.

Anybody has any idea of problem? What exactly cause this.

Btw, in ADD/Remove progs, only few hotfixes are shown. But in AutoPatcher, all of them are installed. In other words detects all of them that are integrated.

Also, I'm trying to slipstream IE8 into installation of XP. I've found those .CAB's of IE8.

Is that type of slipstreaming just installation after WinXP installation (post install) or that type of slipstream only replacing IE6 in WinXP???

I just want to replace IE6, not additionally install (post install) IE8.

I want to update IE8 later with hotfixes or update WinXP setup disc with hotfixes for IE8.

Edited by Killjoy

Take a look at these 2 threads...

The second one is a bit outdated. You need to download my UDC script and it will create the proper WMP 9 add-ons on the fly. Download here: http://xdot.tk/updates.html

Also, if you incorporate my Windows Update Agent add-on (also created on the fly), you won't have the WU problem.

Edited by -X-

I've fix that WU problem exactly with Update Manager. I've read that few hours ago. Update is working.

Thank you.

I'm just reading about WMP updates.

At this moment, all is well. There are about 30+ hotfixes that are shown under Updates in IE6.

Basically, I don't want that PowerShell or Windows Search 4 into windows. I only want critical updates for Win and components which are already in Windows.

I don't mind slipstreaming IE8 maybe or Win Live Messenger or Win Live Essentials.

Maybe some sort of "new" Movie Maker.......but NOT Media Player. I hate Media Player 11.

If that version is good, it won't be in vista. (Vista Suc*s).

Oh, yeah. I've read few threads about IE slipstream into Windows. FAQ in nLite says that IE8 could be regulary slipstreamed AS hotfix. Only put installer of IE8 into hotfix list and that would be it.

Is that true???? I'm not specialized for that and not expert.....just trying to make my way in this big world.

Here are remaining updates from MS Update:

finalna.png

Any suggestions which of them will not "ruin" my WinXp setup disc???? If it is not too much trouble for u?????

Ofcourse, there are components and optionally updates:

components.png

Edited by Yzöwl

Your best bet is to start fresh with my UDC script. Your WU will come out "clean". As far as IE8, no it can not be slipstreamed directly. There is an script that will download the IE8 installer and turn it in to a proper add-on. Make sure to replace the updates mentioned in footnotes 4,5 and 6 if you use it.

Thanks again. How to slipstream CAB files? As HOTFIXES or as DRIVERS???

And IE8 also? As CAB or as HOTFIX?

I mean should I put CAB files into DRIVERS list or HOTFIX list?

IE8 iz 7z extension, so same question is for IE8.

It turns out excellent. I've installed WinXP this morning. It works excellent. Except....I thought that IE6 will not be avalilable. Insted I have IE6 and IE8.

Check it out:

76082926.png

Is that supposed to be like that? If it should, than OK.

As for WinUpdate web page...

These are High Priority updates:

upd1.png

And Optional Software:

optb.png

Take a look at the hotfix with name KB2483614. That hotfix is actually this.

Oh, yeah. That RDC client is maybe in system. But I've tried to check with autopatcher. It says that I don't have RDC in system.

Maybe that is one of the problems that you were looking for.

KB971513 is here.

KB2492386 is also here.

Maybe you've missed those HFs when you were making UpdPack.

Btw, this is a "report" from APUP:

80233717.png

49440540.png

Oh, yes. In your update pack, you've got some hotfix that is older than those that I have in Windows.

Those HF-s for MSXML.

I have turned on Reports in nLite during hotfix slipstream and it says that I have newer version than the one I've tried to slipstream.

So I kept newer version. I hope that was the right choice.

One of those two for MSXML. I'm not sure which one.

As for WUA, take a look at this. Maybe yours WUA is a bit outdated. According to date, maybe I'm right.

unledyay.png

This WUA is downloaded from MS. It is exactly the same as yours.

Is APUP made a mistake or something???

42087072.png

Edited by Killjoy

I'll respond to the first part of your post. I'll get to the rest when I have some energy,

You don't have IE6 and IE8. You only have IE8.

upd1.png

You shouldn't have Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - August 2011. It is download by my UDC-08.09.11.zip. Did you use an earlier zip or perhaps miss adding it by mistake? Can you attach your last session.ini to confirm?

As far as .NET Framework updates, I don't do .NET Framework updates as that is not a stock component of Windows. You could use this if you want to add an up to date add-on.

I'll respond to the first part of your post. I'll get to the rest when I have some energy,

You don't have IE6 and IE8. You only have IE8.

Just asking. I can see both of them... If that should be like that than OK.

You shouldn't have Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - August 2011. It is download by my UDC-08.09.11.zip. Did you use an earlier zip or perhaps miss adding it by mistake? Can you attach your last session.ini to confirm?

I've deleted that. I don't want MSRT. Every month is updated, so constant update, bruning disc....no thanks. After WinXP installation, its easier to just install that if I wanted to.

Basically, I don't need that.

As far as .NET Framework updates, I don't do .NET Framework updates as that is not a stock component of Windows. You could use this if you want to add an up to date add-on.

I've just showed you a picture. .NET was on the list. I have update pack for .NET. I don't want .NET as post install or something.

Thank you for answers.

• 1 month later...

As for WUA, take a look at this. Maybe yours WUA is a bit outdated. According to date, maybe I'm right.

unledyay.png

This WUA is downloaded from MS. It is exactly the same as yours.

Is APUP made a mistake or something???

42087072.png

The one from APUP appears to be extracted from this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/1/4/a14ddc41-eb5b-4fd3-abc8-0f1aa29b509f/windowsupdateagent30.exe

If you open it in an archiving program you see that it has 3 different one for different operating systems/architectures and it is 23 MB as opposed to just 6 MB.

windowsupdateagent30..png

Who knows. Only thing is that I've replaced your WUA with that one from APUP and it is working normal. So...it doesn't matter which one is in Windows as long it is working fine. Btw, size is 6.45MB.

My question is: Is apup from autopatcher NEWER than yours in your Update Pack??? You can see the dates...

I've just downloaded your UpdatePack (13.09 or 09.13) and just testing with VMware Player.

I'll post results soon.

P.S There is new ActiveX Flash Player for IE. Version is 10.3.183.10.

Just for you to know to update your Pack asap.

Here's link for AX 10:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LE0HXCZR

Edited by Killjoy

My question is: Is apup from autopatcher NEWER than yours in your Update Pack??? You can see the dates...

Well, as you have shown they were compiled on different dates. There are some differences if you extract them but the version (30) is the same.

P.S There is new ActiveX Flash Player for IE. Version is 10.3.183.10.

Just for you to know to update your Pack asap.

Yes, I know. There is also WindowsXP-KB2616676-v2-x86-ENU.exe (replaces WindowsXP-KB2524375-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB2607712-x86-ENU.exe and WindowsXP-KB2616676-x86-ENU.exe)

I plan on doing it today but I may not get in the mood to do it. :)

Yo! Here I am again. About that ActiveX.

ActiveX is slipstreamed in Windows but IE notifies me that I have to install latest ActiveX Component.

I don't know why!

Btw, here are results of testing.

Automatic Updates:

automaticupdate.png

High priority:

softwarenj.png

Software 1:

softwarenj.png

Software 2:

software2.png

Look at those two in software section. I've told you before about them, but you didn't answer. They are still in Windows Update.

KB971513

KB2492386

Maybe you've missed them...

I've looked everywhere (few AIO packs for WinXP post SP3 hotfixes and updates) all of them have those two.

Edited by Killjoy