Ideas for a possible UNOfficial Windows XP SP4

maheep

Thanks for the suggestion. I will include the part of installation via batch or autoit script and using 3rd party installers. However in this case the person has taken updates from ms and redistributed them. The only reason i chose to write a guide with links to the tools needed was because redistributing ms updates is illegal according to their t and c. For more details read the eula of any update package

:) regards

:-DHello people. I have almost completed my guide and will release it as an attachment shortly for your views, suggestions and ratings.

;-) if any improvements are to be made, then i'll release v1.0 final of this guide within two days.

:-P it feels a mixed sensation when your work is on the verge of completion!

Warm regards...

(URL Deleted. Check my latest post for getting the latest version of this Guide on Page-3)

Waiting eagerly for your response and scope of improvements

Regards...

Edited by maheep

Would you not be better off including links to the actual authors pages of some of the tools you are using, e.g. CabPack and Reg2Inf. Not only does this allow the reader to keep directly up to date with those products, it also allows them to read information on them, such as a requirement of .Net FW 2.0.

Then possibly an explanation of what exactly MSCF.sfx is; I'm sure that it couldn't just be a pre hex-edited Microsoft file when you could have provided instruction on how the end user could do that themselves without distributing it.

Your guide isn't bad but the most important part is missing - you didn't say anything about how to actually ADD new updates to SP3 ;)

I'd recommend using cabarc instead of CabPack as it's available in Windows by default.

It'd be nice to mention who took that screen shot (update.exe and update-org.exe) ;o although of course I don't have anything against using it in your guide.

Maybe try hosting elsewhere also, have tried downloading since 8:00am mst and still getting.

"We are sorry, but all downloading slots for your country are busy."

Maybe

www.mediafire.com

www.filefactory.com

jd

Edited by 03GrandAmGT

I'll definitely improve the shortcomings and upload the file as soon as possible maybe another day more. One thing for yzowl that i sfx module can't be taken from ms update. Please read sfxcab topic in hotstream project for more details. Apologies to tomasz86, i thought mentioning the topic link was enough. I'll correct this too.

Regards

maheep

:hello: Hello folks,

Checkout the v1.0 of my guide. Download Link (mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/?3n9guvbxf1296vb

Hope all the problems are solved now :blushing: . Still I was unable to add more of nLite Add-ons into the USP guide.

I have deleted the link on DepositFiles.com and I recommend those who uploaded the previous version on other sites to delete the links too.

Enjoy making your USP.

Regards :lol:

Edited by maheep

• 1 month later...

Thank you for reading my guide and taking interest. However, since the day I posted it, I have been waiting for people to report to me the 'shortcomings' in my guide. Just saying that it is difficult won't make me understand what the readers and users are expecting from me.

Warm Regards,

Maheep