Windows XP sysprep read BIOS asset tag and make computer name

I am trying to completely automate a Windows XP installation for re-imaging purposes. I found a tool called mysysprep which says it will read the BIOS and I can extract certain fields from the BIOS and use for my sysprep file. I've tried this several times and it isn't working. I want to take the BIOS asset tag and have it applied to the Computer Name during the sysprep process and then join the AD domain. I can get the AD join stuff to work alright but the Computer Name is my issue. I thought I could use the UIU (Universal Imaging Utility) from Binary Research but even then I can't get the BIOS asset tag to get applied to the Computer Name.

Any suggestions from the pros?

That example grabs the Name object in Win32_ComputerSystem. If you have a system with an Asset tag already on it, you can install the WMI Tools to find out what class and object that data is in. The data might end up being in Win32_Baseboard or Win32_BIOS. You can get WMI Tools here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24045

There's a great tool called wsname for this. No need to write WMI code or anything. It'll rename the computer itself and its account in AD, and it can base the name on the asset tag if you want (using $ASSETTAG). It's great stuff :) It's the best tool for the job IMO.

Unfortunately the official host is often down when you need it, so here's an alternate link...