Drop in DVD image installation/deployment w/automated DISKPART

Ok...so the topic title is complex, but there has to be a solution for this out there from someone.

I have 150 machine to deploy that all use the exact same WIM image.

My goal is to create a 'DROP IN' bootable DVD that will:

1) automatically start (boot from DVD)

2) run diskpart with a set of basic commands (diskpart /s diskpart.txt)

3) run imagex command against an image file that is on the SAME DVD

4) reboot the PC

I want this to be done without any user interaction other than dropping the DVD in the machine, hitting a key to boot from it, and walking away.

I have 8 spots on the bench so I just want to go right down the row. I know that would mean 8 seperate DVDs (one for each machine), but that isn't the problem.

I also want to have the same DVD usable in the field for on the spot reimages.

Thoughts??

I appologize in advance if this is somewhere, but this site has so much great information it was a little overwhelming searching it out...also there are a million other ways to do it that I can't seem to filter out of my searches.

Thanks,

Chris

This topic has been moved from "Install Windows from USB" to "Windows 7" discussions, hope that's the OS you need to deploy.

Next time please post in relevant to your question subforum.

I don't know how this ended up in the USB forum to start with, but I should have also mentioned that I am trying to install a Windows XP image (.WIM) in this process.

Can it be moved out of Windows 7 and into there please.

Thanks,

Chris

I am sure I can...BUT...does someone have a well put together outline or tutorial on it...:) hehe...

In the event I figure it out all myself I will be making a step by step document of the process...as well as if I get assistance and can just make it happen...

Thanks,

Chris

Nope...entirely different than what I need to do.

I have a .WIM file.

I want a drop in DVD that runs (automatically without user interaction and on a PC that has a blank HDD) DISKPART, follows a set of DISKPART commands; i.e. select disk 0, clean, create partition primary, assign letter = c:, format fs = ntfs quick, exit

THEN...from the command prompt that you just exited into run the following 'imagex /apply <driveletter>:\images\baseimage.wim 1 c:'

Then when applied it exits out to reboot the PC at which time the image takes over and completes the install.

Chris

Create a Windows PE boot disk based on the Vista or Windows 7 WAIK. I have two tutorials on doing this on the forum.

When the Boot.wim (or winpe,wim) file is mounted edit the startnet.cmd file and add your diskpart command, imagex command and an EXIT to the end of the file.

copy your system image to the ISO folder.

Create your ISO.

Start burning DVD's.