Wierd Rendering

Glenn9999

See snipped out section of a screen shot. This happens on all the wall objects if you are a certain distance away. The game never did it otherwise, so it has to be related either to the D9 renderer I have or the settings I'm using. Any suggestions?

I've had this happen before but I don't remember what causes it.

Deus Ex is a great game, it and only SoF had great ways to screw with cut-scenes. I'll use an example you can try out to see for yourself.

In Deus Ex, you will occassionally have to go talk to someone in the office. Go pick up a plant and then go talk to the person. JC will drop the plant once the conversation starts, but it will be in the cut-scene.

Soldier of Fortune was similar to this, by using the actual game to do the cut-scene. Usually it would be triggered by entering a door-way. The NPC actors would be in the other room and they were able to be killed. So you could open the door, toss a grenade in and close the door. There would be a big boom and some people would be killed. Then enter the room and the cut-scene starts. Last time I did this, I was having a coversation with 2 people, but one was "dead" so when it was his turn to talk, both my char and the NPC look at the space where the guy is supposed to be while he is supposed to be talking. Because this actually worked, I knew it was possible to actually snipe Saddam Hussein at the end, but never could get the timing right before the cut-scene happens.

Sorry for derail... :ph34r:

Deus Ex is a great game, it and only SoF had great ways to screw with cut-scenes. I'll use an example you can try out to see for yourself.

Yeah actually I've hammered Deus Ex a ton, along with a number of mods. The worst part of this behavior is if you happen to be transporting a box of TNT ("boom") and someone catches you unexpectedly to chat. Box gets thrown. Whaaaam!

I was pulling out some texture and animation enhancements I downloaded once and was trying to get DX to work well with higher resolutions and use these new files well. I managed to get it looking a whole lot better than in the past, but that problem still exists.

To say though, I can definitely run those textures on 1440x900 now (had to cut that part out because the original screenshot was too big for attachment). This problem is really the only other one I'm noticing to get it working fully (at least until someone cooks up more eye-candy).

• 2 weeks later...

I was pulling out some texture and animation enhancements I downloaded once and was trying to get DX to work well with higher resolutions and use these new files well. I managed to get it looking a whole lot better than in the past, but that problem still exists.

For those that are interested, one of the texture enhancement packs went final. 1.5 GB worth, but well worth it if you want their *much* more detailed texture graphics for the DX world. There's another group working on item & character enhancements, but they haven't done a full release yet.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision/downloads/new-vision-version-10

Did this texture pack fix your display issue?

No it is a rendering issue, something to do with the DX renderer I have. I was just saying a new version of the texture pack was just released in case anyone wanted to know and have the eye candy it provides.

Edited by Glenn9999