Experimental Firefox 7 build for Windows 98

Hello although it has nothing has to do with this subject I cannot display http://www.mdgx.com in Firefox 3.6.23 anymore

it only works in opera 10.5.1 It also does not open in K-meleon beta 1.6 beta2. Does somebody has a suggestion.

Thought is must something has to do with frames or iframes ?

Works in Aurora 6 (about to download 7), Opera 11 and IE 6. However, it doesn't work in FF 2.

Joe.

Since I don't use this synch'ing stuff anyway, I decided to install Aurora 7. Seems fine so far, performance on a 1GHz P3 is acceptable (better than FF 2).

Next was to install 'PlainOldFavorites'. This I modified per Steven W's instructions, then had to restart Aurora _twice_, before "Favorites" finally appeared in the menu. Favorites? Well, having already made a modification, time to make another ... attached is a quick hack, in which the original "en-US" package has been converted to "en-GB" (note, due to upload restrictions, you'll need to change the file extension to "xpi" before you can install it, via File/OpenFile from the menu).

Joe.

plainoldfavorites-1.2-fx-windows-GB.zip

Favorites?

Perhaps you should rename the file PlainOldFavourites :D

I was tempted, but the other available language options don't change the package name, so I decided not to take such liberties. ;)

Joe.

I finally got around to test those and all I can say is great job felicitas. :thumbup

Btw I could get WebGL working with version 7 (didn't try with the other versions) by going in the about:config page and setting both webgl.force-enabled and webgl.prefer-native-gl to true. I have an nVidia 7950 GT GPU with unofficial 82.69 drivers and most webgl demos run splendidly. :thumbup

:hello:

Problems with Firefox 7.01 Read this: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/10/07/sync-broken-in-firefox-7-0-1-release/

Good reason to stay with Firefox 3.6.23. Which will be upgraded to 3.6.24 begin november.

Thanks for this information, I use bookmarks alot, so keeping Firefox 3.6.23 is my option, and will take the upgrade to 3.6.24 next month.

So according to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.6_MU it seems that they may be intending to keep the 3.6 platform for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

With the new release KernelEx v4.5.2 the special build of Firefox - Aurora shouldn't be required anymore.

KernelEx v4.5.2 can now run official Mozilla Firefox 8.0 build.

Keep in mind that these limitations still apply:

• no bookmarks
  • no browse history
  • no address bar history