Forum site

TerryFox

Hi... I'm not sure where to post this so I did it here . I'm curious how does one create a forum site ? I want to have my own forum site but I am not sure what steps are needed ? Can you help ?

BTW something like this type of forum in the way its set up and operating .

Thanks

Buy a domain. Buy hosting. Buy the forum software like the one run here, Invision, or vBulletin. There are also free versions like phpBB, Simple Machines, etc.

BTW something like this type of forum in the way its set up and operating.

Also, don't underestimate the work involved in the daily operation of a forum, the bigger and more popular it becomes the more you will need to tend to it on a daily basis. Spammers, hackers, and troublesome users can take it's toll on your desire to even bother keeping a forum running. MSFN is a success not only because of it's founders, the user base is as much a part of the success story, together everyone keeps the forum relevant, beneficial to those seeking information, and safe to use.

You can also get started on the basics of running your own forum, if you want to try it out before jumping into the full thing. There are forum hosters out there, like invisionfree. They do not have all the options that the full version software has, but it works for some people just fine. The other boards have similar services, but I don't know any of their names.