USB card reader goes missing after restart

ExTruckie

Howdy all

I got a small problem. I have an internal usb card reader installed in my desktop and it works fine. The issue I am having is when I shut down or reboot the machine I no longer have the card reader visible in the device manager. If I unplug it from the usb port, which is routed outside my case and into a rear usb port, and plug it back in windows see it and all is well until I shut down again. I shoot alot of pictures and this is how I get them on my pc to edit them. So the $64,000 question is. How do I get windows to see the card reader when it restarts?? This is one thing I do miss from XP, I did not have this issue before I moved to Windows 7.

Thanks

Does this card reader also plug into your PC's power supply?

After a restart, go check out Device Manager to see if maybe the driver got flagged. Also, post the make and model of the CR if you know it.

The card reader is plugged into a rear i/o usb port so I don't know if it is powered down at shutdown.

I'll look at the device manager later and will post the device info then.

Mark Minnich

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I just got home from work and turned on my PC. The CR is now being seen. It was plugged into an usb expansion when I posted the problem. I believe that the trouble was it not being on the motherboard usb port.

If the trouble returns I'll repost.

Thanks