Installing windows XP and can not find hard drive

MugwampJissom

I recently purchased an ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard and bought a SATA Seagate 1TB hard drive.I can see the hard drive in my BIOS but when I try to install windows xp I get a message telling me that the hard drive can not be found. Im a total noob when it comes to upgrading hardware and altering the BIOS any help would be apreciated.

I used the following components,

1x ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard AMD Phenom II /Athlon II /Sempron 100 series

1x Segate Barracuda LP 1T hard Drive

1x IDE Optical Drive

1X AMD Phenom II 3200 MHz 4x512KB AM3 95w

1x Exceleram DDR3 2GB 1333

See if there is a setting in the bios to run the hd controllers in IDE or compatibility mode. If you can't, you need to slipstream the "F6" drivers with nLite.

OK, I looked through the manual and didn't see any settings for IDE mode. You may want to look around the BIOS by yourself. I could have missed it.

I do see the required files if you go here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4N68TM_LE_V2/#download. Download the chipset drivers named NVIDIA nForce Chipset Package Driver V15.56 (SMBUS version V4.7.9.0) for Windows - 159MB. Unzip it and you will see an IDE folder. What you want is in IDE\WinXP\sata_ide. It has a txtsetup.oem. Just use nLite to add the drivers as text mode.

Edited by -X-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

you check your bios -MAIN MENU-SATA DEVICES ENABLE OR NOT?.

If it's enable better check your hard drive .try first format your hdd plug in externally other system.then install xp.

also check SATA controller IDE or ACHI MODE

TRY THIS WEB

ASUS DRIVERS MANUAL

Edited by kalimuthu