KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

Hello I want to correct an error I made. Revo uninstaller works on windows 98 with kernelex, but it is better not to use it, because

one cannot make a restore point on windows 98. That is why I recommend never to use it with windows 98 it is not compatible.

I recommend to use zsoft uninstaller 2.5 which you can download here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/ZSoft-Uninstaller.shtml

It can be used with windows 98, windows xp and up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed the portable version of vlc media player 2.0.4 on windows 98 se kernelex 4.5.2 but there are no words in the menu at the top                                                                                                              

Only lines and blanks.  I experienced this a;ready with other versions of vlc.

What is your default menu font? Try to change it (Tahoma Western). Do you have RP installed?

• 1 month later...

I will try to change the menu font off vlc

Did you try to change your font(s). => right click Desktop => Display Properties => Appearance => choose item and font. I use Tahoma (Western) Size 8.

Edited by schwups

Hello Schwups I have not done that but I did get an error in the registry I had made a copy off the registry and placed it back and this

solved this problem. I will try soon again. You mean that vlc uses the letter type Tahoma (Western) Size 8.

I know the new vlc uses the qt framework just like the qt web browser.

I read in the KernelEx wiki, and have previously read here in this forum (but can't get the search function to locate it now), that :

Last version for the 16 bit colour mode is Flash 10.1.102.64. All versions 10.2. and higher work only in 32 bit colour mode.

However, I am presently using version 10.2.161.23 and my display is configured for 1024x768 in 16 bit mode and it seems to work just fine. It shows the version number at the Adobe page and works for the test here : http://www.chemgapedia.de/vsengine/info/en/help/requirements/flash.html

So I don't understand why that advice about "only 32 bit colour mode" starting from Flash version 10.2 ...

Joe.

PS. I have just updated to version 11.1.102.63 (using the MSI installer) and this is working too.

Edited by jds