KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

Hello there ! I am testing Firfox 10.0.2 portable on a usb stick with kernelex 4.5.2 installed a Pentium III with 850 mhz 512 mb and windows 98 se.

Well this version is a great improvement. I tested 9.0.1 and 10.0.1. But 10.0.2 is really much better and really more stable. I am not really ready with

testing. Installed the following add ons it is really recommended to install these : HyperBK, Classicish Add on Manager, and Session Manager.

Installed protable Firefox 10.0.2 usb on a pentium III with 850 mhz with 512 mb, Windows 98 SE. Everything worked fine of course except the bookmarks for this I have installed the add on Hyperbk. I also installed the add ons: Classicisch Addon Manager, noscript.

I tried wot add on did not install though. Then I tried click and clean did not install either. I will retry it. Tried to install speed dns 0.2

crashed firefox. I had installed session manager for that but it did not work with firefox 10.0.2 although it worked with 10.0.1.

Tried to install the add on Speedfox but it made Firefox crash. This version of Firefox is much stable and faster then 10.0.0 or

10.0.1 but it has problems with some add ons that 9.0.1 does not have. I will do some more tests if I have the time.

I can't play audio CD's (cda) with the VLC player not only with version 2.0. I tested it on five machines (Win ME/ KernelEX 4.52). Other players usually do this without a problem.

log error message:

cdda error: could not read TOCHDR

cdda error: no audio tracks found

main error: open of `cdda:///g:/' failed

But it plays video DVD (VOB).

Version 0.8.6i, which doesn't need KEX always plays cda on each machine (KernelEX must be disabled!).

Also I can see, that vlc doesn't play files from NTFS partitions (Paragon NTFS driver).

There is no problem to play files of a FAT32 partition.

Can someone confirm this?

Edited by schwups

Also I can see, that vlc doesn't play files from NTFS partitions (Paragon NTFS driver).

There is no problem to play files of a FAT32 partition.

Can someone confirm this?

VLC can't play audio CD and files from NTFS partitions (Winternals NTFS driver).

I am trying Firfox 10.0.2 portable on a usb stick. I did not expect it, but it crashed many times on intel pentium III 850 mhz 512 mb and windows 98se, kernelex 4.5.2.

So I started all over again. And used the following websites to tweak firefox 10.0.2 http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_1.html and http://www.pimp-my-rig.com/2011/06/firefox-performance-tuning.html. You can also do a search with google: tweak firefox performance about:config.

After this Firefox became stable. I have not intalled the folloing add ons HyperBK and Classish Addon Manager. Everything works fine until now. I have not tried the

other add ons.

Is there a way to disable spam on the kernelex wiki? I could just delete the spam content, but there must be a better way to stop the spam/bot.

I 've found explanations and tips for users here: Wiki Spam

We Wiki users haven't the rights such as to block users . The capabilities of the admin are explained on MediaWiki support.

Hello, this is my first post on here. I'm using KernelEx 4.5.2 with Wen ME. I use Firefox 3.6.24, the latest version of Flashplayer, the latest Version of Shockwave for Director with Firefox. version 10 of Flash Player with IE (don't care, don't use IE much).

I don't know if anyone has reported this before but I've installed Wordview 2003 with no problems. Then when I sent to read a .docx file it asked me to download the File Format converter package to do that, which I did. Once I put that into Kex XP compatibility mode, there were no problems with installation and then I could read and display .docx files. No printing from Wordview 2003 (though with no errors) but so what, I can print from Winword if it comes to that (though not docx, but there are converters on Zamzar I think. I have Office 2000 installed, BTW.

Several more but I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'd like to thank the devlopers of this since I make my own computers a lot and prefer to configure them myself without calling MS.