KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

I wish I had known about that prior to un-installing the active x version for I.E, and the annoying thing is it won't let me install it back again, message saying that it's not the most recent and therefore it refuses to install.

If you know a way round this so I could get the older version installed again I would appreciate that, I have kept the last version 10 exe file that did work on I.E6

Downversioning of Flash is controlled by the following Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions

Reduce the limit for the Major Version you are installing, then try again.

When you say reduce the limit do you mean changing where it says VERSION?

Let me say that I have already installed successfully the latest version 11 of flash for Firefox 3.6.23, and what I see at the moment in the registry is as follows....

I get to the Macromedia folder, then the first folder in the reg is called FlashPlayer, when I click on this I see on the right pane 2 entries, one says Name Default, Data value not set, and also NAME.. Auto Update Test and DATA..."AutoUpdate"

Then on the folder below, it's called FlashPlayerPlugin, then there are 4 in the right pane, first is Name Default, Data value not set, second is player path, Un-installer path, and Version "11.0.1.152"

Then the folder on the left is shockwave 10, I think that was for the shockwave director, although I thought I had installed version 11 for that, well that is what shows on the add/remove programs list anyway.

So at the end of the day there are 3 folders that branch of from the macromedia folder on my registry.

Apparently the Plug-In uses different Registry Keys. The Key I posted is used by the IE6 Version of Flash 9.

But I used Flash 10 previously.

I don't use KernelEx, so I never installed Flash 10. I have never installed the non-IE Version of Flash. This may be why I see the SafeVersions Key.

The key and it's contents are as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions]

"6.0"=dword:00000058

"7.0"=dword:00000049

"8.0"=dword:0000002a

"9.0"=dword:01060000

From this data Flash Version 9 must be no earlier than 262 (106H) or it will not install.

Edited by rloew

I wish I had known about that prior to un-installing the active x version for I.E, and the annoying thing is it won't let me install it back again, message saying that it's not the most recent and therefore it refuses to install.

If you know a way round this so I could get the older version installed again I would appreciate that, I have kept the last version 10 exe file that did work on I.E6

Downversioning of Flash is controlled by the following Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions

Reduce the limit for the Major Version you are installing, then try again.

When you say reduce the limit do you mean changing where it says VERSION?

Let me say that I have already installed successfully the latest version 11 of flash for Firefox 3.6.23, and what I see at the moment in the registry is as follows....

I get to the Macromedia folder, then the first folder in the reg is called FlashPlayer, when I click on this I see on the right pane 2 entries, one says Name Default, Data value not set, and also NAME.. Auto Update Test and DATA..."AutoUpdate"

Then on the folder below, it's called FlashPlayerPlugin, then there are 4 in the right pane, first is Name Default, Data value not set, second is player path, Un-installer path, and Version "11.0.1.152"

Then the folder on the left is shockwave 10, I think that was for the shockwave director, although I thought I had installed version 11 for that, well that is what shows on the add/remove programs list anyway.

So at the end of the day there are 3 folders that branch of from the macromedia folder on my registry.

Apparently the Plug-In uses different Registry Keys. The Key I posted is used by the IE6 Version of Flash 9.

But I used Flash 10 previously.

I don't use KernelEx, so I never installed Flash 10. I have never installed the non-IE Version of Flash. This may be why I see the SafeVersions Key.

The key and it's contents are as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions]

"6.0"=dword:00000058

"7.0"=dword:00000049

"8.0"=dword:0000002a

"9.0"=dword:01060000

From this data Flash Version 9 must be no earlier than 262 (106H) or it will not install.

My reg folder for the I.E version says Auto-UpdateTest, "AutoUpdate" do you think I should remove that?

My reg folder for the I.E version says Auto-UpdateTest, "AutoUpdate" do you think I should remove that?

May not be a bad idea to stop being nagged to update, but probably will not help install an older version.

Frogman, I've made some tests and looks like that Flash 10.0.45.2 is latest version which work with IE 6.0 (Win98/ME of course).

I managed to get the flash to work again on I.E6, and I think I managed it by installing Flash 9 first, then when I tried to install 10 I really can't remember what happened at that point, but all I know is when I re-booted and checked the version test it says I have version 10,3,183,10 installed. It works and it shows I have version 11 for Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...

NGView 2.0 (using kernel ex 4.5.1)

http://www.szamado.hu/ngview/index_en.htm

*Note* You have to register the program (it's free) and then inquire about updates. The author is nice enough that he'll offer the newest version 2.0 for free, even though it's not available yet for download.

Edited by ScrewUpgrading

• 1 month later...

Hello I uses kernelex 2.5 on windows 98se with a pentium 3 computer cpy 800 mhz. Maybe it is already known I do not know.

But Adobe flashplayer version 10,1,53,64 works for me with internet explorer. I could use youtube very well. I only could not use

the adobe website.

I wish you all a

a very happy 2012.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed portable firefox 9.0.1 and hyperbk bookmarks add on a usb stick on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.2 and pentium III processor

with 512 mb. I could import all my bookmarks from Firefox 3.6.25 which I upgraded to 3.6.26. The letters on the toolbars of firefox 9.0.1

are very small though. Is there someone who has a solution for this ?

I've tested it shortly but look like that VLC 2.0.0 RC1 working smoothly on Win 98SE with KeX 4.5.2 (installer version).

Btw, I can confirm that latest build of PDF XChangeViewer is indeed usable (both versions: installer and portable).

Installed portable firefox 9.0.1 and hyperbk bookmarks add on a usb stick on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.2 and pentium III processor

with 512 mb. I could import all my bookmarks from Firefox 3.6.25 which I upgraded to 3.6.26. The letters on the toolbars of firefox 9.0.1

are very small though. Is there someone who has a solution for this ?

HyperBK has bookmarks and history functionality. :thumbup

Edited by schwups