KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

I installed Flash player 11.1.01.129 successfully on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.1 on a pentiume 3 with 512 mb and opera 11.51 and Firefox 3.6.23

You can update it to the version 11.0.1.152 (released today).

So far, I haven't got the flash player control panel applet to work on 98.

Can you explain more about this issue?

(eg. How to test for it, what is the last version of Flash Player not affected?)

Joe.

I installed Flash player 11.1.01.129 successfully on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.1 on an AMD Athlon Processor with 256 mb ram on Firefox 3.6.23.

However I could not manage to install the version for I.E6, perhaps it's not compatible for that older browser?

However I could not manage to install the version for I.E6, perhaps it's not compatible for that older browser?

I would like to know for what you need latest Flash in that terrible, over ten years old browser?

Edited by rainyd

(eg. How to test for it, what is the last version of Flash Player not affected?)

Joe.

I'm not sure how far back Flash Player has been installing a control panel applet. Version 10.3 r183 installs one. I've never managed to make it work. Depending on the Kernel Ex setting for it's real file, FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl in the system folder, clicking it either gets an error message or does nothing at all.

Joe.

I'm not sure how far back Flash Player has been installing a control panel applet. Version 10.3 r183 installs one. I've never managed to make it work. Depending on the Kernel Ex setting for it's real file, FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl in the system folder, clicking it either gets an error message or does nothing at all.

Interesting. I've got version 10,3,181,14 of this thing here, yet my Flash Player is version 10,1,82,76. I don't recall ever installing version 10.3.x.x of Flash Player. Strange.

How does one test this thing?

Joe.

I would like to know for what you need latest Flash in that terrible, over ten years old browser?

Adobe has dropped the support for Internet Explorer 6 SP1. Version 10.3.183.10 is the last for IE 6 SP1. New requirement: IE 7

System requirements for Adobe Flash Player 11

KernelEX Wiki

Edited by schwups

I don't really use I.E, just annoying that I removed a prog that worked on it but can't install it back again.

Edited by frogman

Adobe has dropped the support for Internet Explorer 6 SP1.  Version 10.3.183.10 is the last for IE 6 SP1. New requirement: IE 7 

System requirements for Adobe Flash Player 11

KernelEX Wiki

I wish I had known about that prior to un-installing the active x version for I.E, and the annoying thing is it won't let me install it back again, message saying that it's not the most recent and therefore it refuses to install.

If you know a way round this so I could get the older version installed again I would appreciate that, I have kept the last version 10 exe file that did work on I.E6

I wish I had known about that prior to un-installing the active x version for I.E, and the annoying thing is it won't let me install it back again, message saying that it's not the most recent and therefore it refuses to install.

If you know a way round this so I could get the older version installed again I would appreciate that, I have kept the last version 10 exe file that did work on I.E6

Downversioning of Flash is controlled by the following Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions

Reduce the limit for the Major Version you are installing, then try again.

When you say reduce the limit do you mean changing where it says VERSION?

Let me say that I have already installed successfully the latest version 11 of flash for Firefox 3.6.23, and what I see at the moment in the registry is as follows....

I get to the Macromedia folder, then the first folder in the reg is called FlashPlayer, when I click on this I see on the right pane 2 entries, one says Name Default, Data value not set, and also NAME.. Auto Update Test and DATA..."AutoUpdate"

Then on the folder below, it's called FlashPlayerPlugin, then there are 4 in the right pane, first is Name Default, Data value not set, second is player path, Un-installer path, and Version "11.0.1.152"

Then the folder on the left is shockwave 10, I think that was for the shockwave director, although I thought I had installed version 11 for that, well that is what shows on the add/remove programs list anyway.

So at the end of the day there are 3 folders that branch of from the macromedia folder on my registry.

Let me say that I have already installed successfully the latest version 11 of flash for Firefox 3.6.23, and what I see at the moment in the registry is as follows....

I get to the Macromedia folder, then the first folder in the reg is called FlashPlayer, when I click on this I see on the right pane 2 entries, one says Name Default, Data value not set, and also NAME.. Auto Update Test and DATA..."AutoUpdate"

Then on the folder below, it's called FlashPlayerPlugin, then there are 4 in the right pane, first is Name Default, Data value not set, second is player path, Un-installer path, and Version "11.0.1.152"

Then the folder on the left is shockwave 10, I think that was for the shockwave director, although I thought I had installed version 11 for that, well that is what shows on the add/remove programs list anyway.

So at the end of the day there are 3 folders that branch of from the macromedia folder on my registry.

Apparently the Plug-In uses different Registry Keys. The Key I posted is used by the IE6 Version of Flash 9.

Apparently the Plug-In uses different Registry Keys. The Key I posted is used by the IE6 Version of Flash 9.

But I used Flash 10 previously.