KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

Import Patcher:

[KERNEL32.DLL]

GetLogicalProcessorInformation=z2e
GetNumaHighestNodeNumber=f1

VerifyVersionInfoA= 

VerSetConditionMask=

It starts with comp. mode Win2000SP4 (VerifyVersionInfoA and VerSetConditionMask ) and higher, but I don't know if everything works as it should.

Import Patcher:

[KERNEL32.DLL]

GetLogicalProcessorInformation=z2e

GetNumaHighestNodeNumber=f1

VerifyVersionInfoA= 

VerSetConditionMask=

It starts with comp. mode Win2000SP4 (VerifyVersionInfoA and VerSetConditionMask ) and higher, but I don't know if everything works as it should.

Many thanks!  I added those 4 lines to that section of KStub822.ini, and Audacity v2.20 seems to be working as previous versions did.  I just tried out a few things -- opened file, played, edited, saved just fine.  

- Doug B.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. VerifyVersionInfoA and VerSetConditionMask are redundant in the Kstub822.ini. They are already supported by the kexbases.dll with comp. mode Win2000SP4, XP, .... Better you add only GetLogicalProcessorInformation and GetNumaHighestNodeNumber.

Edited by schwups

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After quite a while, I've finally gotten MuseScore 1.3 to work with KernelEx 4.5.2! :thumbup

After installing, replace the QtWebKit4.dll file with the one from MuseScore 1.1, or else it will crash on launch. Download mscore.ttf from here, and place it in your \Windows\Fonts directory, and set the compatibility mode of mscore.exe to "Windows NT 4.0 SP6". This allows the notes to display correctly. There are some graphical glitches when zooming in and out and scaling the text, and opening .mscz files from the Explorer shell (you must open them from MuseScore, instead), but everything else including playback works fine!

Edited by CamTron

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that more have been changed in Audacity 2.1.

I receive the following error message.

AUDACITY führte eine ungültige Anweisung in

Modul WXMSW28U_CORE_VC_CUSTOM.DLL bei 018f:00f61a4b aus.

Register:

EAX=011f7618 CS=018f EIP=00f61a4b EFLGS=00010202

EBX=0000002e SS=0197 ESP=01aefb68 EBP=01aefb78

ECX=011f7618 DS=0197 ESI=010d03ac FS=5bdf

EDX=00d31000 ES=0197 EDI=0000028d GS=0000

Bytes bei CS:EIP:

f2 0f 10 05 78 e6 0d 01 68 20 d1 0c 01 c7 05 18

Stapelwerte:

00ddcc79 00000002 00000000 0121dac4 01aefb9c 010b5ac6 010d02f4 010d0d28 00000001 00000001 00000000 cfea0071 cfea0071 01aefbe0 010b5b99 00f60000

Edit: Audacity 2.1 works on my main machine (P4/ICH5) but crashes on AMD/VIA

Same situation with the newly released 2.1.1 !!

Anybody knows what 018f: relates to ?

FastStone Image Viewer goes in version 5.4

So far so good with default compatibility in KEx 4.5.2 [sorry, compatibility is broken with Win9x. See below.]

Version 5.4 (July 31, 2015):

• Added support for unicode filenames throughout the software. Now you can view and process images named in different types of characters (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Russian ...)
  • Added support for symbolic links
  • Improved Batch Convert, Crop Board and Draw Board
  • Many other improvements and bug fixes

Details: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Download: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDownload.htm

Enjoy.

Edited by CharlesF

No glitch here since the release (for what I've done).

You're right  Drugwash, there's a bug! (at least that one):

open a jpg file (for instance) and try to save it in another format (gif or png), you can't access the Options button!

My bad.   :blushing:

I've try all possible settings of KEx specific compatibility mode, but it doesn't help  :(

I use the legacy KernelEx 4.5.2. That could be a good reason for me to try the jumper's 4.5.2015.9 update.

Edited by CharlesF

Such issues are hard to spot, don't worry. Dunno how the Unicode names and paths are handled internally but it's possible that in certain situations a Unicode name/path may be passed to/from an API that can't handle it (correctly) under 9x, regardless of any KernelEx compatibility mode. Maybe disabling KernelEx extensions for the main executable could help - haven't tried that, too much overhead now so I just reverted to previous 5.3 version.

I have already tried to disable KEx extensions (but not uninstall), or disable KernelEx for the Child processes, disable custom heap, as well as several other specific compatibilities,

but it doesn't help :( .

BTW, once again it is the "support for unicode filenames throughout the software" that must have broken the 9x compatibility.