RP9 Themes megathread!

Sorry guys but none of them is the new updated version 2!

Read post #36 for details on what's new.

Here's a new valid link: RP9_Skin_collection_v2.rar

4.23 MB - MD5=2F8028383AA70A74412931C63FB33964

Careful! You don't need any registration or e-mail, no exe to download or install, ...

just click on the top link:

post-200646-0-22180600-1369085451.png

Original post is here: post #17

Enjoy. :)

Edited by CharlesF

Kallon, TmEE, and CharlesF - Thanks for the links!

CharlesF - Special thanks for the work of putting them all together in one package and for the mods.

TmEE - Yeh, looks like lots of good stuff there on your server! As you said in another post, I agree that it's becoming increasingly important to mirror 9x files, as the "traditional" sites seem to be entropy-ing. Any chance you could whip up some kind of index page with (short) descriptions of the files? Some of them, i can't tell from the filenames what they're for or their version numbers.

Thanks again to all!

- Doug B.

• 5 months later...

Here is a new RP9 Skin collection version 3 slightly improved,
including in particular the correction of some glitches.

[file deleted. See post #53 below.]

Instructions to use: see post #17 & post #23
Careful! You don't need any registration or e-mail, no exe to download or install, ...
just click on the top link.

Enjoy :D .

Edited by CharlesF

• 2 weeks later...

Errors (regressions) have been introduced in the 'RP9_Skin_collection_v3'. Here is a new fixed version.

I have also added in the 'skin.ini' files the author name whenever I could,

in particular to fit whith the new Drugwash editor.

RP9_Skin_collection_v4.rar
4.24 MB - MD5=B180D9765CBBDE44813DD90523473ABD

Instructions to use: see post #17 & post #23
just click on the top link.

Enjoy :D .

• 8 years later...

Just in case you missed this one I have recently discovered. A m a z i n g work! @WinClient5270

_____

Do you know if there is also the Watercolor (Whistler) default blue theme? The watercolor theme I've found on this thread seems to have a dark blue color instead of the default, also the caption bar buttons are small.

This is what I want:

de63dgb-54d58801-37b7-4505-af78-09bb953d

and also the taskbar:

1262395487.or.902881.gif

I have seen a Windows Blinds theme for Windows 2000, I don't know if it can be used with RP9 Uberskin on 98...

https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/3178/

(.WBA can be opened like a .zip)

So this is the one I want:

https://guidebookgallery.org/screenshots/whistler2257

So if somebody can create it, please... I don't currently have XP to do some tests, but with some modifications maybe the dark Watercolor can be changed to the default one (also with the default taskbar)...

Original Whistler Watercolor theme is available on Devianart and can be installed on XP without any modification (no theme patches or similar required)

After getting used to seeing the visual theme of Windows 8.0/8.1/10 during these years, I now see the Watercolor theme in a different way, since plain themes are modern these days or at least is how I feel them.

Thanks !! 

Edit: Ok, I just read this on @Tihiy website http://tihiy.net/uber/:

FAQ - Easy Windows XP skin porting

FAQ - Easy Windows XP skin porting
Q: How to get exact theme colors fast?
A: Go to Windows XP. Set theme you want. Go to regedit. Export [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors] to (Win9x/NT4) reg file.
Import in into your Windows 98. Logoff. You'll get colors you want. Save it under your theme name and viola!

Q: How to get margins?
A: Theoretically, you must extract all those TEXTFILE\SOMETHING_INI and examine them.
Practically, you can left values from Windows XP, ZuneXP or other skin and tweak them if they're looking bad.

Q: How to port all bitmaps fast?
A: You can open .msstyles in Restorator and quickly drag-and-drop them over old bitmaps.
Some skins may have exactly same bitmap name or slighly varying.
You should only care about [StartButton] - it must contain text or image, otherwise it'll look dumb.

I recommend using ArtIcons Pro to easily deal with 32-bit images.

Edited by sonyu