Application that Monitors and Logs Installations?

ript

Is anyone aware of an application that can monitor and log an installation process? I suppose it would be okay to do an audit before and after, if there was a tool that could Diff the audits for me. This does not need to happen unattended.

I tried to google this and also searched this form but there are so many irrelevant results...

Thanks,

Rip

Looks like Installrite was superceeded by Installwatch Pro? I found a copy of Installwatch Pro 2.5c (freeware): http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/583-addon-installwatch-pro-v25c-updated-july-14-07/ (0 hits on installwatch.exe on Virustotal)

It took a snapshot of my system okay. But after installing an application, it failed trying to create a new database ("Could not create new Installwatch database"). It's running as administrator, so I don't think it's a permissions issue... anyone know how to get around this?

It took a snapshot of my system okay. But after installing an application, it failed trying to create a new database ("Could not create new Installwatch database"). It's running as administrator, so I don't think it's a permissions issue... anyone know how to get around this?

Just curious what application is that? Post a url if possible.

As far as I know. It is not possible to capture extension ending with msi . You need to repackage to exe using tools such as winrar or 7zsfx tool.