win2kgaming.site90.com gone?

tomasz86

• 4 weeks later...

Hey sorry all it's taken me so long to get to this. I haven't done much work in win2k compatibility stuff recently but I know a lot of people contributed useful information to the win2kgaming forums so I will get it back up somewhere. Oldboy2k made regular backups of the forums, but we are not sure where the best place to put it is. We had lots of trouble with 000webhost before and I think the other domain is taken now.

I've also just switched from 000webhost to Zymic and can't recommend the former any more. Zymic (*.zxq.net) was used by bristols when he was responsible for the Win2K Updates List and Mim0 uses it too for his updates list for WinXP.

There's a difference though, which is that all of those are just simple websites while here we're talking about a discussion forum which is probably more complicated, although I don't really know whether it matters or not.

And if you want a simple domain name, then http://www.dot.tk is free ;)

Edited by tomasz86

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU! :thumbup

I thought it had died again, esp. when the URL went to some domain hijacker advert site :(

Is this just temporary? I'm worried they might fall foul of something stupid like what happened when it was on site90... :unsure: