Reverse Integration Guide?

1) You can uninstall AIK for Vista and restart the computer.

2) Install WAIK for Windows 7.

3) When the install.wim image is captured first with: imagex /capture /compress maximum /flags /check

You can Mount the image inside a Temp Folder to clean the image with SP1.

4) After you can use a new time imagex.exe with the same compression.

But we must do not compress the image install.wim twice whitout Mounting the image!

If you have used FAST COMPRESSION use the same compression after Mounting and /Unmont /Commit using imagex.exe

*Edit: in fact I think only Dism.exe doesn't work with Vista AIK and the image isn't corrupted!

Edited by myselfidem

@nice_guy75

I've made a new test successfully with Vista AIK!

If you really do not want install WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7 and keep AIK for Vista, you can do like this to clean the SP1 files after syspred your image:

1) You can use gimagex.exe with R/W to Mount your new image inside a temp folder (Example: Mount)

2) You can use Dism.exe inside your DVD location (Example = C:\Win7\sources\Dism.exe) with this batch: (adapt to your needs)

*You need to copy your full DVD with the new install.wim (index:1 with SP1) inside your folder location (Example: C:\Win7)

Clean_SP1.cmd

@echo off
cmd /c C:\Win7\sources\Dism.exe /Image:"C:\Mount" /Cleanup-Image /spsuperseded /hidesp
pause

Result.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outil Gestion et maintenance des images de déploiement

Version : 6.1.7600.16385

Version de l'image : 6.1.7601.17514

Suppression des fichiers de sauvegarde créés durant l'installation du Service Pack.

[==========================100.0%==========================]

L'opération de nettoyage du Service Pack est terminée.

L'opération a réussi.

Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Unmount /Commit with gimagex.exe!

4) GimageX with Export and Compression Maximum

Image Compression Maximum

Voilà! :thumbup

*Edit: After many tests I see that the only compression working fine with GImageX is : compression= Maximum

Edited by myselfidem

Yes, you're right mate AIK for Vista is more faster! :rolleyes:

If you have errors with GImageX, you can try to use imagex.exe to compress your install.wim image, because you have used FAST COMPRESSION! Try to use the same compression with imagex.exe!!

Yes, you're right mate AIK for Vista is more faster! :rolleyes:

If you have errors with GImageX, you can try to use imagex.exe to compress your install.wim image, because you have used FAST COMPRESSION! Try to use the same compression with imagex.exe!!

Well compression is not an issue for me anymore, I have captured my wim again and with max compression this time. I have also tried your method to clean sp1 backup file, and there were no backup files in my wim. I have actually cleaned my wim before capturing with tuneup utilities, and it did take hell lot of time to clean but I guess it did clean the wim properly.

Well compression is not an issue for me anymore, I have captured my wim again and with max compression this time. I have also tried your method to clean sp1 backup file, and there were no backup files in my wim. I have actually cleaned my wim before capturing with tuneup utilities, and it did take hell lot of time to clean but I guess it did clean the wim properly.

I hope the new install.wim cleaned with TuneUp Utilities will work for you!

Anyway if there is some trouble you can try the workaround I given above. Works fine!

Guess I did something wrong...

I installed SP1, hotfixes, IE9 and drivers, cleaned it up and captured but the install.wim image is 3.915.748 KB big (the original is 2.687.20 KB).

Hadn't it became to big (I used dism's maximum compression option)?

Guess I did something wrong...

I installed SP1, hotfixes, IE9 and drivers, cleaned it up and captured but the install.wim image is 3.915.748 KB big (the original is 2.687.20 KB).

Hadn't it became to big (I used dism's maximum compression option)?

I guess the sp1 backup files are still in the wim. Mine is 3.64GB but mine is multiboot (x86 and x64)

Maybe.

I installed nVidia nForce, GeForce, webcam and printer.

nVidia's r too big for my taste... I'll restart and integrate them with rt7