Firefox 2.0.0.20 with Flash 10.x

Has anybody managed it that Firefox 2.0.0.20 works with any Flash Version 10 & KernelEx?

I have installed KernelEx 4.5.2 on a Computer for testing.

I could install Flash 10.1 there without big problems.

But if I (for example) want to wath any youtube-video, there is only... nothing at the place where should be the "box" with the video inside :blushing: .

Of course I can still use my Flash 9 NPSWF32.dll (with version-number-hack) to see most videos (including youtube). But unfortunately this NPSWF32.dll seems not to work on all videos. For example, Videos on german NBA page do not work (also some other videos not).

How should KernelEx be used (which settings) to make Flash 10.1 work properly with Firefox 2?

Or is this impossible?

Is Firefox 3.x needed for Flash 10.1? (But I like Firefox 2 more, because it seems to be more stable.)

Depends it on Java-Version? There is installed JRE (Java) 6.20.

Is the reason maybe the CPU? (Is a AMD Athlon XP T-Bred "enough"?) But works with Flash 9, so I don't think so.

Or is there any other Flash 10 version which works with FF 2.

Firefox 2.0.0.20 works fine with Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.22 for me (youtube & german NBA page). The testsystem: Chip i865G, CPU Intel P4 Northwood 2,6, 1824MB, NV5900XT; Win ME, KernelEX 4.5.1, RP 9.72

FlashPlayer comp. mode: default

BTW: Flash Player 10.3.181.26 is now available.

Edited by schwups

Firefox 2.0.0.20 works fine with Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.22 for me (youtube & german NBA page). The testsystem: Chip i865G, CPU Intel P4 Northwood 2,6, 1824MB, NV5900XT; Win ME, KernelEX 4.5.1, RP 9.72

How did you install this flash version: With KernelEx disabled, or default mode?

What is the compatibility setting for firefox.exe?

Does flash also work, if you disable KernelEx for firefox.exe and/or the NPSWF32.dll?

But I see that you have WinME and not Win98SE. Maybe WinME is "more flash-compatible" than Win98SE.

Firefox 2.0.0.20 works fine with Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.22 for me (youtube & german NBA page). The testsystem: Chip i865G, CPU Intel P4 Northwood 2,6, 1824MB, NV5900XT;  Win ME, KernelEX 4.5.1, RP 9.72

How did you install this flash version: With KernelEx disabled, or default mode?

What is the compatibility setting for firefox.exe?

Does flash also work, if you disable KernelEx for firefox.exe and/or the NPSWF32.dll?

But I see that you have WinME and not Win98SE. Maybe WinME is "more flash-compatible" than Win98SE.

You can't install the Flash Player with KernelEX disabled. I do check default.

Firefox 2.0.0.20 doesn't need KernelEX.

I don't think that WinME is more flash-compatible than Win98SE.

Well, I've tried several Flash 10 versions with Firefox 2.0.0.20, Firefox 3.5.x, and Opera 10.x.

And it worked never. Installation was not the problem, only working in the browser.

Probably is any "hidden" system-setting in Win98SE responsible for the refusing flash :wacko: .

Well, I've tried several Flash 10 versions with Firefox 2.0.0.20, Firefox 3.5.x, and Opera 10.x.

And it worked never. Installation was not the problem, only working in the browser.

Probably is any "hidden" system-setting in Win98SE responsible for the refusing flash :wacko: .

have you try to disable hardware acceleration ?

http://www.macromedi...elp/help01.html

Firefox 2.0.0.20 + Adobe Flash 9.x works in 16 + 32 bit colour mode

Firefox 2.0.0.20 + Adobe Flash 10.2.x + 10.3.x works only in 32 bit colour mode !

Last version for the 16 bit colour mode ist Flash 10.1.102.64

Check your graphics options and valid the installation.

It works fine with Firefox 2.0.0.20 and Firefox 3.5.19

Firefox 2.0.0.20 + Adobe Flash 9.x works in 16 + 32 bit colour mode

Firefox 2.0.0.20 + Adobe Flash 10.2.x + 10.3.x works only in 32 bit colour mode !

Well, I think I've found the reason for the described issue. See my post in the KernelEx-Thread.

It seems to me that the missing file Mscms.dll caused the issue. It had been removed from System-directory by 98Lite during removing "ICM colour profiles".