[Help] How to optimize Windows XP SP3 Installation

DaRkSe7eN

Please Help me.. How to make may Windows XP SP3 faster..

I have Windows XP Professional SP3 2007 Retail (Untouched)

This my addons and tweaks.. WinXP SP3 Retail.zip

~ MSN Explorer - Removed

~ Windows Tour - Removed

~ Windows Media Player 9 - Removed (Replaced with Windows Media Player 11)

~ Internet Explorer 8 - added

~ .Net Frame Work 1.0 - 4.0 - Added

~ SP3 Windows Update Pack

The main problem is, it takes me hours before i install my Integrated Windows XP Professional SP3

I have Windows 7 Ultimate but it takes me only 20 mins. to be able to install..

I don't know what exactly "takes hours", but do not put your hotfixes on your desktop (C:\Users\Mortera\Desktop\g E o R g e\Xp Updates\...) but in a "straighter" directory.

I don't know what exactly "takes hours", but do not put your hotfixes on your desktop (C:\Users\Mortera\Desktop\g E o R g e\Xp Updates\...) but in a "straighter" directory.

where can i place my hotfixes?.. what is the proper way of adding hotfixes & addons using Nlite?.. :unsure:

I already tried my Windows XP Pro SP3 Retail without any addons and it takes me only about 20-30 mins to install.. :unsure:

I think the directory is fine.

It's obviously some add-on if it installs fine without them. I would start by not adding the .NET Framework add-ons and testing. You can use a virtual machine like VirtualBox (just Google it) to do your tests.

EDIT: BTW, you do not need to add .NET Framework 2 and 3 since they are included in 3.5.

Edited by -X-

i think the directory is fine.

It's obviously some add-on if it installs fine without them. I would start by not adding the .NET Framework add-ons and testing. You can use a virtual machine like VirtualBox (just Google it) to do your tests.

EDIT: BTW, you do not need to add .NET Framework 2 and 3 since they are included in 3.5.

Ahh OK.. i'll try it.. I needed .net framework 1.0 - 2.0 as a requirement of my Video card driver like ATI (.net framework 1.1?) and Tune Up Utilities for the themes (.net framework 2.0 sp2).. and 3.0 - 4.0 just to complete my .net framework installation.. :yes:

I have Oracle VM Virtualbox Manager as my virtual machine.. :huh:

i think the directory is fine.

Too bad.. I already done removing the .net framework 2.0 and 3.0 but still it takes me hours to be able to install Windows XP Pro SP3 Integrated.. :unsure:

Edited by DaRkSe7eN

My suggestion was for possible problems running nLite on XP, so if that is fine, so be it.

Now I'm not sure (someone may confirm) you can remove WMP then readd it through hotfix.

Too bad.. I already done removing the .net framework 2.0 and 3.0 but still it takes me hours to be able to install Windows XP Pro SP3 Integrated.. :unsure:
Keep removing add-ons until you find the culprit.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x86..

May be its not.. My first attempt on retail version of windows xp pro sp3.. i only added ie8 and wmp11.. and it takes 20-25 mins to install.. :yes::no:

Keep removing add-ons until you find the culprit.

I'm not sure.. Maybe the .net framerwork addons is the main reason why it takes me hours to be able to install my Intergrated Windows XP Pro SP3 Retail.. I did not tested it yet.. :no: