Disabling "Internet Explorer Integration" in Windows XP

Kmuland

If I open any folder.. and I write "www." or http.// in the address bar.. this folder converts instantly into a Iexplorer 6 window!!!!!!

I always used Nlite releases without the Iexplorer/outlook/WMP and I though that IE was removed totally from my XP

There is a way to remove it totally? Some dlls that I can unregister to make the folders system more light? Maybe a way to downgrade this folder-to-iexplore6 feature and use iexplorer5 or lower? maybe replacing files from 2000 into XP?

(Im trying to speed up the windows GUI when browsing folders)

Edited by Kmuland

The address bar feature can be disabled with GPO if i remember correctly but i don't think you want to loose this. I don't think there is a way to disable only the internet part but on my XP SP3 with IE 8 there are never an IE launched when i write a folder name in a folder name of an already opened explorer and i never saw this behavior with folder names.

on my XP SP3 with IE 8 there are never an IE launched when i write a folder name in a folder name of an already opened explorer and i never saw this behavior with folder names.

Probably a feature of XP sp2.. I need to investigate

AFAIK the ONLY way is to use FDV's (Fred De Vorck) files.

Here:

http://www.vorck.com/windows/

Thanks for the info! Ill get in contact with him because Im not totally sure if that IE6 can be removed totally from folders. I start to think that IE6=explorer.exe

Edited by Kmuland