unattend.xml not fully working with WDS

I have two XML-files WDSunattend.xml applied to the WDS-server (win 2008 R2) and one unattend.xml applied to the server2008R2 image.

It almost works!. The problem is that the unattend.xml is not processed completely, only a few options are applied during a F12 WDS setup. The weird part is that if I run the sysprep manually with the same unattend.xml file it works fine.

Any ideas why it only works when running the sysprep manually?

and one thing more, the product key cannot be installed - error in unattendGC is - Failed to install product key

The MAK B product key is valid and works if I type it manually

Edit:

Files attached

WDSUnattend.xml

unattend.xml

Edited by staun

Can you attach your XML to your reply? Make sure you replace product key with xxxx-xxxx etc and dummy any confidential info like user accounts, domain, etc. Its hard to give an answer without seeing it. It could be anything. Likely you have the wrong passes specified.

Hi, I added the templates, could you see anything that should be wrong with them?

I wonder why it works if I run sysprep /generalize /oobe...... and not through the WDS deployment?

WSIM should have given you errors on your unattend.xml. You should remove the empty elements such as "UserAgent", etc.

For MAK you need to put your product key on both XMLs. Your unattend.xml is fine (except for the empty elements) but also put the key in the WDSClientUnattend.xml, for example:

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<UserData>
<ProductKey>
<Key>XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX</Key>
<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>
</ProductKey>
<AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
</UserData>
</component>

Use the same product key that is in your unattend.xml for this. I have sucessfully deployed Windows 7 Pro this way. Obviously your XML already has a Microsoft-Windows-Setup element, so just add the UserData/ object into it.