Silent/Unattended Installation

MelForC3

Hi and greeting.

Is my first post here. I've been reading a post regarding creating ISS and silent installation. Somehow, I still can't perform the silent installation.

What I did previously to install silently is by using .bat file.

Below are the code i did. p/s: Just started learning one day.

@echo off

echo Installing PXI Driver

echo please wait..

echo.

start /wait c:\PXI_driver\M9392_Setup-1.0.1.1792.exe /s -f1c:\PXI_driver\setup.iss -f2c:\abc.txt

echo Complete

A DOS mode shows when I run the bat file but the installation is not functioning. Can someone help? I've downloaded Install shield, AutoIT and Inno Setup5. Still going through the discussion in the MSFN and anywhere has the infomation.

Kindly assist and guide.

Good day.

I downloaded installshield because the exe file passed to me seemed to be created by installshield. So i thought it need to create a script to do that job but however, i've already did it now.

How about other pc? If i want to pass the file to other pc or laptop? will that be an issue? I havent tested yet.

Only if you install to a different drive letter or folder, open the iss file in notepad see if you see anything that would conflict...if you do create two separate iss files (file1.iss and file2.iss) and point to a different one in your cmdline depending what computer you are on

Edited by ricktendo64