Install Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 OEM

knigga

Hello there!

I have a 5 years old Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 with a new harddisk and no recovery CD. On the back there is a valid OEM Key to install Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005.

I have found an ISO image of Tablet PC Edition 2005 which doesnt accept my OEM Key.

I read that the OEM key only works with a pre activated Recovery CD.

Is there a way to fabricate a new recovery CD with a valid OEM Key and a normal Tablet 2005 ISO image?

Any other solutions maybe, or is my key worthless?

I don't want to even speculate on where you got this "ISO image" and don't want to know.

I can tell you that the COA key is good but doesn't match the ISO. IOW, it's either Retail (i.e. "full") or for another OEM (not for your PC). You would need a "generic" OEM version or for the Specific OEM to use the key you have. I'm afraid we can't help you on "modifying" it. There's a thread here that will give you a hint on what your "problem" is.

BTW, just to be sure you understand, please go and read the Forum Rules to make sure you don't flub up!

Edited by submix8c

You have a couple options... you can find a second hand recovery CD for this model. It is possible that other models may work but you may need to install some drivers. Another option is to buy a new OS... but I do not know if you can get Tablet Edition easily. I know its on MSDN but I my account level doesn't let me download it.

• 3 weeks later...

OEM keys will only work with OEM Media. As Tripredacus suggested you can try finding a vendor specific OEM install CD or try contacting Fujitsu and see if they can sell you a recovery disk.